GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTechniq Coating Done!

Finepics

Ready to race!
Lol, we went out to Citygate yesterday so managed to add over a 100k's on that trip!! Have to drive out to Yuen Long and back a few times over next week as well!!

Good luck with selling the wheels - I might have been interested but technically not allowed to do that for six months and the missus would never let me anyway!!

Finepics

Ready to race!
Just finished applying C1 crystal lacquer, G1 Clear Vision glass treatment and 1L Fabric treatment! Never sweated so much before but at least it's done now thank god!!

fluidd

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks nice! I'm in the process of researching a way to get this done on my own.
Over here in Toronto, you would pay at least $400 just to get all this done by a professional. I would rather buy the products and do it on my own.

Finepics

Ready to race!
Looks nice! I'm in the process of researching a way to get this done on my own.
Over here in Toronto, you would pay at least $400 just to get all this done by a professional. I would rather buy the products and do it on my own.

The guy in the photos at the top is the only Hong Kong agent for GTechniq and he supplies their products through his online shop. There's dealer in Edmonton www.autoobsessed.com - who are GTechniq agents and they have the products in stock on their online shop too!

As my car is brand new I didn't bother to do a full paint surface cut and polish, I'm not looking for a glass smooth surface and the factory finish is good enough for me, but just want to retain the shine and protect it especially as HK has sea air and very harsh sun in the summer.

The products I used to prep and finish are these - PW Panel wipe (to clean paint of any oil and grease etc), C1 Crystal Lacquer (paint sealant), C2v3 for periodic use after the C1, C4 glass polish (to clean glass for G1 treatment), C6 glass cleaner (general smear free cleaner), G1 Clear Vision glass treatment (water repellant) and 1L fabric treatment for the seats (mine are cloth but they do a version for leather also). Also you need sufficient micro fibre cloths for the paintwork and cotton cloths for glass. Might be worth getting a bottle of IPA (isopropyl alcohol) from your pharmacy as this is needed to remove the G1 glass treatment and the GTechniq supplied bottle is very small and in HK's heat evaporated too quickly!!

Last edited: