GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Soundaktor On or Off? Any other dealer pickup recommendations?

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
The nice thing about the Soundaktor is that since it's software adjustable there's no wrong answer. If you don't like it, change it until you do.

I tried dropping mine at 25% and found the car too quiet, so raised it back to 50% or so.

Neil
Exactly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I turned the soundaktor off via vcds. I think it's goofy as hell to have that in a vehicle. Keep in mind I'm old.

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I turned the soundaktor off via vcds. I think it's goofy as hell to have that in a vehicle. Keep in mind I'm old.

So am I! But when I dialed it back completely the car sounded like the 4-cylinder econobox that it more or less is underneath, and with insufficient aural feedback to the driver. Since I have no intention of fitting a louder exhaust, I chose to revert the Soundaktor to an audible level.

My rationale on the goofy aspect is to think of the Soundaktor as simply another of the car's instruments, like the tach or the speedometer, but one that allows me to keep my eyes on the road. Not a head-up display, an ears-up display!

Neil

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
This could be the answer to my prayers... trying to be wife aprove (happy wife = happy life) for stage 2 but she complains that it would bee too much sound from the downpipe. Do you think it could work with the soundaktor off?
APR downpipe + soundaktor off = a little bit like stock?

lostru

Ready to race!
This could be the answer to my prayers... trying to be wife aprove (happy wife = happy life) for stage 2 but she complains that it would bee too much sound from the downpipe. Do you think it could work with the soundaktor off?
APR downpipe + soundaktor off = a little bit like stock?

With a cated down pipe and the sound daktor turned off there sold be less invasive noise in the cab.

RobDMB

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to bump. Taking my car to the dealer today to have the Soundaktor disabled. Is this something they will know how to do via software (don't want it hardware disabled)? Or should I go prepared with directions to give them? If so, any source of instructions?

blitz869

Passed Driver's Ed
Turned mine off after a month. And opened up the exhaust flaps. Gives a little more sound. Also picked up a S3 res delete that will go on in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobDMB

Passed Driver's Ed
Spoke to my dealer. Now they told me their VW tools no longer allow for this or provide access. They said they don't have a VAGCOM/VCDS cable. Is that plausible or they just dont know what they are talking about?

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Spoke to my dealer. Now they told me their VW tools no longer allow for this or provide access. They said they don't have a VAGCOM/VCDS cable. Is that plausible or they just dont know what they are talking about?

I would find someone local with a VCDS or OBDEleven. If you were close to me I would code this for you.

VCDS and OBDEleven can do a lot of little tweaks that make it worth while. Check out the regional forums here or on vwvortex.

The dealer should be able to do this though. I can't see why not.