GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know what the threshold for reliability of the IS38 is at? Im thinking 28psi is about as good as it gets. Over that things might pop? Will better fueling help in anyway though?

IS38 can even pop on stock boost. For the most part you can push it more vs IS20. I would say 26 psi would be my personal max cap for the IS38, but either way I don't see more then 24 psi and maybe 25 if I'm lucky peak even with boost set higher.

king12sky

Ready to race!
IS38 can even pop on stock boost. For the most part you can push it more vs IS20. I would say 26 psi would be my personal max cap for the IS38, but either way I don't see more then 24 psi and maybe 25 if I'm lucky peak even with boost set higher.

Make me think about maybe upgrading it but they usually cost about the same as a brand new IS38. Sad. :(

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Make me think about maybe upgrading it but they usually cost about the same as a brand new IS38. Sad. :(

Don't worry much about it. My IS38 has 20,000 raped miles and it's been holding up.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Hi my dudes. Latest logs from tonight, very clean still looks like.

92F outside. Around 430ft elevation, E20-E30ish blend, WMI with new DO7 nozzle. Seems to be working pretty damn well in the summer heat/humidity.

Here's my longest one I got I think, 1st-3rd pull, LOVE how those IATs drop:

http://www.datazap.me/u/quebster/2017-08-15-1st-3rd-pull-e30ish-wmi-do7-nozzle?log=0&data=1-3-4-6

Another one, 2nd-4th pull:

http://www.datazap.me/u/quebster/2017-08-15-2nd-4th-pull-e30ish-wmi-do7-nozzle?log=0&data=1-3-4-6

Looks like my WMI setup (approx 70/30 mix) is keeping my IATs at 86 degrees F under full load, with it being 92 outside... so it's managing to keep IATs 6 degrees under ambient under full load. I'm pretty damn happy with that. You can see when I let off the gas they drop down to 75 degrees for a few moments :D

Last edited:

Static-X

Hi everyone, may I know if the pre-owned vehicle that I purchased is running on stage 1 or 2 of Eurodyne?

Have emailed Eurodyne and all I got back was a reply saying that the VIN is in their database.

Having a issue such as CEL came on when I installed CTS catless dp. :(

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Hi everyone, may I know if the pre-owned vehicle that I purchased is running on stage 1 or 2 of Eurodyne?

Have emailed Eurodyne and all I got back was a reply saying that the VIN is in their database.

Best just to reflash it to a known program. If you are getting a cell you are likely Stage 1 or 1.5

Quebster

Autocross Newbie

Not sure I'm understanding right, but if the car isn't tuned, you will get CEL with a catless DP... so what's the surprise? Does stage 1/1.5 cancel out the CEL? I want to say yes, but I forget.

Static-X

Not sure I'm understanding right, but if the car isn't tuned, you will get CEL with a catless DP... so what's the surprise? Does stage 1/1.5 cancel out the CEL? I want to say yes, but I forget.
Eurodyne replied that my car is in their database but didn't state specifically which stage it is.

I guess it's fine to reflash to stage 2 or even other brands, yes?

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Stage 1/1.5 doesn't modify the O2 sensor setting.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Hi my dudes. Latest logs from tonight, very clean still looks like.

92F outside. Around 430ft elevation, E20-E30ish blend, WMI with new DO7 nozzle. Seems to be working pretty damn well in the summer heat/humidity.

Here's my longest one I got I think, 1st-3rd pull, LOVE how those IATs drop:

http://www.datazap.me/u/quebster/2017-08-15-1st-3rd-pull-e30ish-wmi-do7-nozzle?log=0&data=1-3-4-6

Another one, 2nd-4th pull:

http://www.datazap.me/u/quebster/2017-08-15-2nd-4th-pull-e30ish-wmi-do7-nozzle?log=0&data=1-3-4-6

Looks like my WMI setup (approx 70/30 mix) is keeping my IATs at 86 degrees F under full load, with it being 92 outside... so it's managing to keep IATs 6 degrees under ambient under full load. I'm pretty damn happy with that. You can see when I let off the gas they drop down to 75 degrees for a few moments :D

Which file? Adjustable or maestro?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Stage 1/1.5 doesn't modify the O2 sensor setting.
Ah, very well, so then could be stage 1/1.5 then I guess. My next question is, just because the VIN is in the database, does that mean it's tuned currently? Or just that it has been tuned at one point?

Which file? Adjustable or maestro?

Adjustable IS38, 96Oct 28PSI

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I would bet "in the database" means he wouldn't need any credits to do a flash, but I'm not sure if he stores what file has been flashed at the end of a flash routine.

I haven't looked specifically but I don't remember needing network access after the successful streaming of a flash file, or at least the software never acts like its making a network call as it does in the beginning of the process.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
I would bet "in the database" means he wouldn't need any credits to do a flash, but I'm not sure if he stores what file has been flashed at the end of a flash routine.

I haven't looked specifically but I don't remember needing network access after the successful streaming of a flash file, or at least the software never acts like its making a network call as it does in the beginning of the process.

It does actually, I believe it validates with the server after completion. Got mad at me once because I killed the internet by the end of the flash. Flash was fine, but it tried to connect at the end to do something and couldn't, and threw a message at me.

Well, to the owner, does your car feel super quick? Pull surprisingly hard? I guess hard to say if you don't know any better. Let's see... go race a stock GTI and see what happens :p

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i

Did you replace the original oem downpipe? If so you should probably flash the appropriate stage2 file. Do you have access to a eurodyne flash tool?

GTIManEG

Ready to race!
Will took some playing around with limiters and other things, but got it to hold 25psi with 16.87 timing at 6700rpm.

Ran into some 5.slows on the freeway when I was logging tonight and will i'm sure you know what happen.

I really wish the eurodyne logger was faster. Can't seam to get more then 16.87 that's the next hurdle.
http://www.datazap.me/u/drewshanabrook/log-1502947537?log=0&data=1-4-6-13&zoom=0-35