GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Devin1

Been watching this thread for a while now but figured that I would finally reply. Here are my LED tail lights in operation video. Camera died very quickly (crummy cheap replacement batteries) so it was cut short but I believe I captured almost all of the operations.

Before you ask, I am not using a harness but added in all of the extra wiring which matches the factory wiring. I did this with my last pre-facelift tail lights a few years ago and added three additional wires for the facelift tail lights to wire them as close as possible to factory.

Here is the video for my old pre-facelift lights: (not shown but all hatch lights turn off, including signals, when the hatch opens)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYkH_m6WHIE

And with the facelift tail lights. When I open the hatch, you will see that the inner signals turn off and the dynamic signals so the outers work like normal signals for safety. Not shown is that single sided parking lights are operational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPMWEjGunA&t=2s

I have a request for any RoW cars with factory installed facelift tail lights: I am looking for an adaption map on the factory coding. I know that without a BCM upgrade, ill never get true factory operation but I would like to still see a copy.

Interested in the coding changes you made for the hatch /light behavior if you are willing to share or point to another source.

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Interested in the coding changes you made for the hatch /light behavior if you are willing to share or point to another source.

If you used the harness from Jeremy, he can tell you how to so I would suggest emailing him. It will, however, not stop the signals on the hatch from still blinking as it is physically impossible.

At least, without the additional wiring I performed from the BCM back to the lights.

Last edited:

rotaryguy

Passed Driver's Ed
My Non Fog set has been dispatched from cars245 as well and I can track it on usps web site already. Ordered August 7th. At this rate I will have my lights before my harness from JBale, wish I had found this thread sooner. So impatient...

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
My Non Fog set has been dispatched from cars245 as well and I can track it on usps web site already. Ordered August 7th. At this rate I will have my lights before my harness from JBale, wish I had found this thread sooner. So impatient...
Pretty sure this thread has stayed on page 1 of cosmetic mods from the beginning tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Amiroquai

Question:

Currently have my stock tails coded to Kencha Mod V2. Looking to install new FL tails next weekend.

When installing new FL tails, should I revert back to stock code and then apply Jbale's code or can I jump straight from Kencha to Jbale's?

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Question:

Currently have my stock tails coded to Kencha Mod V2. Looking to install new FL tails next weekend.

When installing new FL tails, should I revert back to stock code and then apply Jbale's code or can I jump straight from Kencha to Jbale's?

Right now I’m on the four/five light mod, I plan on going back to stock first just to be 100% sure and save any potential headaches.

JBale

Ready to race!
Question:

Revert all of the tail light coding prior to performing the new changes. It will be much less of a headache that way.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I just spotted this a few minutes ago, it's funny how the face lift Golf R that I saw a few months ago had Florida plates as well. I have to say that the color on this wagon looks awesome. Also the portion that is lit is the same for the turn signal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
These are the "lower end" FL tails, correct?

The brake lights don't seem as though they would grab your attention very well, especially in the daytime.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I see. Of course, we are getting different ones here. Shocker...

Thx

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Revert all of the tail light coding prior to performing the new changes. It will be much less of a headache that way.

That was a good question. I have the 5 brake light mod. Should I revert back to stock coding?