GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
In case anyone's wondering about the chip in my tail, here's a shot of it when I installed this past weekend. I don't have OCD, so I figured I might as well run with this and get my dynamic turn signals going instead of sticking with the halogens for much longer lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
In case anyone's wondering about the chip in my tail, here's a shot of it when I installed this past weekend. I don't have OCD, so I figured I might as well run with this and get my dynamic turn signals going instead of sticking with the halogens for much longer lol

Don't you want to glue the chip in place? I think it will look better glued in, than left out?

Also: are they letting you keep the light? I would have thought they'd need it back for a warranty claim.

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
Spotted a GTI with 7.5 taillights on my way home from work today. They look way better in person than on the forums! I retract my "JDM" statement fully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, cell phone pics don't do these lights justice. In person, they are just gorgeous. They look better to me than other tail lights that I love like those from BMW. I love light pipes for tails.

I noticed that Acura are doing them now, but their designs are pretty yuck.

eg.

The stock halogen tails are horrible and unacceptable. Very poorly designed. The light shape doesn't match the shape of the housing making it look like two different people designed them independently leaving a large obvious space on the inner part that doesn't have any light elements in it.

Last edited:

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Lol, cars245 now raised their offer to 284 since the USD/EURO fluctuation.

I just went to their site and the price has dropped. Now it's 552 for the whole set!

Just ordered :).

Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Don't you want to glue the chip in place? I think it will look better glued in, than left out?

Also: are they letting you keep the light? I would have thought they'd need it back for a warranty claim.
Eh I didn't want to bother with it since I'm expecting to run this temporarily. I also don't want to risk any visible residue or obvious "fix attempt" if I tried gluing it.

They never said anything about it when I asked them if I need to send it back. I gave them several photos of the damage though before they approved a replacement. Right now I'm treating it as "keep b/c it's somewhat worthless to everyone" due to the crack.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Too bad about those wheels. I didn't think the Austin type design could look any worse. So very Hyundai...

CPI

Finally got the lights all installed. Thanks again to JBale for the harness and instructions. Very clear instructions and professional harness and bonus for being a local close to me. Everything works like a charm and looks great:D

Hard to capture the pictures but looks great in person.

Before and after pictures below:

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 674
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 672
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 1,436

vandelay300

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got the lights all installed. Thanks again to JBale for the harness and instructions. Very clear instructions and professional harness and bonus for being a local close to me. Everything works like a charm and looks great:D

Looks great!

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion

these lights looks so good on black

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I agree, they look amazing on the black!
I can't wait until my lights get here. I wish I would have just ordered them months ago instead of waiting to go and buy them in person.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Turns out the price Cars245 quoted me by email was the Shipped price. Darn, could have saved on the shipping. Oh well.