GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

gtigod

Passed Driver's Ed
Just gonna keep on asking and eventually someone will read my post and NOT ignore me...

Does anyone know how to set the door locks to lock via the door buttons when the doors are open? On my 2015 GTi, I can get out, close the doors and then lock via the remote, but I can't hit the button on the door and lock them.

Where do I find a chart of what all the options are that can be changed?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
I tried and it still needs to be adapted or whatever.

Now when you coded did you use vcds or obd11?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crxgator: try this (if the blower adjustment setting is also changed to the value shown in the Step 3 screenshot below, it will make exactly the same code-string changes as in my instructions above)-

Don

Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Just gonna keep on asking and eventually someone will read my post and NOT ignore me...

Does anyone know how to set the door locks to lock via the door buttons when the doors are open? On my 2015 GTi, I can get out, close the doors and then lock via the remote, but I can't hit the button on the door and lock them.

Honestly I never noticed that the door can't be locked via the inner lock button while the door itself is open -- at least on kessy (idk if you have kessy). I tried it a couple of days ago when I saw your previous post, but I forgot to check what options are available (or if what you want is feasible). After lurking in the forums since August of last year, I don't think I've seen anyone look for or post a tweak about this.

BUT there's a more risky option for Kessy that I've seen posted once. It's an auto-locking mechanism that supposedly detects if the key fob is inside or outside of the car. If the key fob is outside of the car, and you close the driver's door, the doors will automatically lock.

wippo567

Car(s)
15' G TDI, 16' GSW
Has anyone successful gotten the single sided parking light while engine is off? I have urbanjoke v1 installed. I've fiddled around with the settings and the best I got was the rear tail lights to stay on. No other lights work.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

I don't understand? Why would you lock the doors when they are open?

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Has anyone successful gotten the single sided parking light while engine is off? I have urbanjoke v1 installed. I've fiddled around with the settings and the best I got was the rear tail lights to stay on. No other lights work.

wippo: Hmm............ not sure that I understand! If I look at the Urban Joke tweak, only V1 has the SSPL function (V2 doesn't have it) and it is only applied to the 2 x inner tail lights.

What is it that you wanted?

Don

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I don't understand? Why would you lock the doors when they are open?
Basically similar to some old habits when you can lock the car via the inner lock buttons while the door is open, and then when you close the door, you can walk away knowing it's locked.

I believe their first post about it indicated concerns about key fob hacking, which is typically done by someone who has a device that can capture/amplify the code that your key fob uses the moment you lock your door via the key fob so that they can access your car once you walk away.

Edit: Actually I've read before that with keyless ignition cars, a thief could capture the key fob data without you even pressing the lock/unlock button because of the nature of the key fob, which works by proximity (think RFID). In this situation, those RFID blocking pouches would be helpful. I have one (don't use it), and I've put my key inside of it, and I can't unlock my car at all while the key is in the pouch and literally on the door (I have kessy).

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wippo567

Car(s)
15' G TDI, 16' GSW
wippo: Hmm............ not sure that I understand! If I look at the Urban Joke tweak, only V1 has the SSPL function (V2 doesn't have it) and it is only applied to the 2 x inner tail lights.

What is it that you wanted?

Don
Thank you for the reply Don. Sorry for not adding more information. For the single sided parking lights, I only have the tailights that work. When I move my indicator light to the left, my rear tailight lights up; however, my front indicator lights or mirror indicator lights don't light up. I hope I explained this correctly.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Trouble is the golf has deadlocks so when it is locked the door catch will not move to you will be unable to shut the door.
Oh that's right! I forgot that when I was wiping down my doors once after a wash, i got my towel caught somehow on the front passenger door's latch/hook/lock, which caused it to lock down. The door definitely wouldn't close with it locked like that. I can't recall if I needed to manually force the latch out or if I was able to use the key fob to unlock the car just for that 1 latch.

But now I wonder if a variation of the tweak I mentioned in my 2nd to last post could be done. Something like "if the inner door lock button is pressed while the driver's door is open, then automatically lock the doors when the driver's door closes and the key is outside of the car" as opposed to the existing tweak that has the logic "if the key is outside of the car and the driver's door closes, then automatically lock the doors."

@DV52, any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Ok. I messed with it today and I still have no a/c and am getting an error for "ac compressor first run not performed "

How do I go about doing this initial setup of the ac compressor? Obd11 will not let me reset any adaptations "basic settings"

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Fixed it. Had to do this

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Thank you for the reply Don. Sorry for not adding more information. For the single sided parking lights, I only have the tailights that work. When I move my indicator light to the left, my rear tailight lights up; however, my front indicator lights or mirror indicator lights don't light up. I hope I explained this correctly.

wippo: Just a tad more information -please!

What type of headlight assembly do you have on your car and which specific light do you want to use for the SSPL facility(i.e. for Xenon fittings, the angel-eye, or the dot)?

Don

wippo567

Car(s)
15' G TDI, 16' GSW
wippo: Just a tad more information -please!

What type of headlight assembly do you have on your car and which specific light do you want to use for the SSPL facility(i.e. for Xenon fittings, the angel-eye, or the dot)?

Don
I have the stock halogen light fitting. I was wanting to use the indicator in between the DRL and halogen bulb. I also wanted to use the amber reflector on the tip of the headlight close to the fender. Thanks Don!