GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Has anyone been able to locate the "hot climate" option on an updated 2017 yet?

Thanks!

This works for me on my newee 2017:

Code:
Long coding
    Control unit: 08 Air Conditioning
    Values: 
        Blower adjustment: 
            Old value: normal tuning
            New value: Tuning with more air in cooling operation
        Temperature tuning: 
            New value: colder tuning cooling operation

Murf1

Ready to race!
This works for me on my newee 2017:

Code:
Long coding
    Control unit: 08 Air Conditioning
    Values: 
        Blower adjustment: 
            New value: Tuning with more air in cooling operation
        Temperature tuning: 
            New value: colder tuning cooling operation

Yeah some of the newer cars dont have those settings.. i have an Oct 16 build Sport and these settings arent there.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Yeah some of the newer cars dont have those settings.. i have an Oct 16 build Sport and these settings arent there.
I think it's because they posted a solution for the 2017 build date (the newest Mk7s). My 2017 Sport has an August 2016 build date, and I followed this from a VCDS page iirc:

Air Conditioning for hot countries
08 - Auto HVAC
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Go to Byte 12 (remember the first byte is 0)
Change Bit 4-7 to "10 Temperature Adjustment: Cold (Hot Countries)"

Can't recall if this is exactly what I did, but I know I successfully enabled hot country via OBDeleven.

Edit: I checked my edit history, and it looks like I did do this. Also, since you have a 2016 build date, you should be following the older VCDS and OBDeleven tweaks without any troubles for the most part.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

idris

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7
Been getting the error message "Device not responding" when I try to connect. I have used the device before without this issue. Saw some post online about the device being faulty? Has this happened to anyone here before?

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Been getting the error message "Device not responding" when I try to connect. I have used the device before without this issue. Saw some post online about the device being faulty? Has this happened to anyone here before?

Hey I grew up in Manchester! Right near saint As college!

Try updating the app. I had a similar problem and updating fixed it.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
So awhile back, my cabin dimmer, the one next to the headlight switch, stopped working. It doesn't dim anything anymore (dash, radio, door etc). I've recently discovered that the dimmer corresponds with something called terminal 58. Does anyone have more info on exactly what that is or does? In live data, it says terminal 58 is at 100% and the dimmer doesn't change that value. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a fluke hardware failure...

idris

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7
Hey I grew up in Manchester! Right near saint As college!

Try updating the app. I had a similar problem and updating fixed it.

Great city, however not enough MK7 owners haha. Tried it already however it didn't help out, also tried deleting and reinstalling, however the outcome was the same, sadly.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
So awhile back, my cabin dimmer, the one next to the headlight switch, stopped working. It doesn't dim anything anymore (dash, radio, door etc). I've recently discovered that the dimmer corresponds with something called terminal 58. Does anyone have more info on exactly what that is or does? In live data, it says terminal 58 is at 100% and the dimmer doesn't change that value. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a fluke hardware failure...

Bäsemödel: Hi - The answer to your question lies in part with DIN 72552 (DIN is short for Deutsches Institut für Normung, or in English "German institute for standardization").

So, this standard applies to automobiles and it abbreviates into numbers, the various electrical functions. For example. Terminal 30 (or T30) is a solid 12 Volt supply, T15 (i.e. half T30) is a switched 12 V supply and T31 is earth.

As for your specific question, T58 is the lights for licence plate and instrument panel. However, I suspect that you meant to say that the "cabin dimmer" was Terminal 58d because this is the specific nomenclature that DIN 7552 gives to the instrument panel dimmer.

You can find the full listing of all "T" numbers HERE

As for your problem, you might take a look at the value for Byte 7, Bit 0-1. This grouping of Bits controls the function that OBD11 calls "Lighting adjustment_Input media" (this is my translation for the original German- probably not correct), see the screenshot below:

This entry has the following 3 x allowable values:

not installed=hex0
Potentiometer=hex1
Button=hex2
HMI=hex3

The screenshot show the setting "HMI" which means that a "virtual" electronic slider appears in our RoW cars on the MENU to control the lighting level (we don't have a physical dimmer on our cars). I assume that the correct value on NAR vehicles is "Potentiometer".

Might be worth checking your car IMO

Don

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
DV52, YOU PROVE YOUR GENIUS ONCE AGAIN! That has to be it! I'll check it asap!

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I think it's because they posted a solution for the 2017 build date (the newest Mk7s). My 2017 Sport has an August 2016 build date, and I followed this from a VCDS page iirc:

Air Conditioning for hot countries
08 - Auto HVAC
Coding - 07
Long Coding Helper
Go to Byte 12 (remember the first byte is 0)
Change Bit 4-7 to "10 Temperature Adjustment: Cold (Hot Countries)"

Can't recall if this is exactly what I did, but I know I successfully enabled hot country via OBDeleven.

Edit: I checked my edit history, and it looks like I did do this. Also, since you have a 2016 build date, you should be following the older VCDS and OBDeleven tweaks without any troubles for the most part.

I have 2017 Wolfsburg build date 10/16 and like another member don't have options to change to hot country selection in the long coding list in OBDII.

Could you please post a screen shot of your current byte 12 selections?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
DV52, YOU PROVE YOUR GENIUS ONCE AGAIN! That has to be it! I'll check it asap!

Sure enough, it said "not installed". I set it to "potentiometer" so we will see what happens when its dark enough to notice a difference!

gtigod

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know how to set the door locks to lock via the door buttons when the doors are open? On my 2015 GTi, I can get out, close the doors and then lock via the remote, but I can't hit the button on the door and lock them.

It is a commonly found hack that people get out of their car, close the doors and use their key fob to lock the car. someone recording key fob codes, then uses your wireless transmission to access your car and get in easily. If I could lock the car via the button inside, then the car would get locked and no code would get transmitted. Since the car has no keyholes in the doors, I have little choice, but to unlock via the fob. The upside to this is that, I am probably also leaving so anyone wanting to steal my car or items from it, won't have much chance to do so.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I have 2017 Wolfsburg build date 10/16 and like another member don't have options to change to hot country selection in the long coding list in OBDII.

Could you please post a screen shot of your current byte 12 selections?

EDIT: In Byte 12, only check/enable Bit 4. That should give you "10" instead of the "F0" I mention below.

I don't recall if there were ever descriptions for Bits 4-7 under Byte 12, but I recreated the steps I took and verified the result through my coding history on OBDeleven.

To get to Byte 12 on my device, I did have to scroll horizontally along the top list of Bytes (where you see the "00" grouping that turns into "F0" -- this should be "10", please see the edit above). And do remember that the very first grouping is Byte 0.

Whether or not this actually works or if it's a placebo effect, I don't know. I personally barely use the A/C despite being in Southern California unless my gf is in the car because I can usually survive with the wind through an open window. If I lived in a more humid or much hotter climate, then I'm sure I'd use the A/C more! http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/595a8b704e842/20170703_111814.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/595a8b8acebba/20170703_111922.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/595a8b956681b/20170703_112013.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/595a8c047e6a5/20170703_112042.png?

Last edited:

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I don't recall if there were ever descriptions for Bits 4-7 under Byte 12, but I recreated the steps I took and verified the result through my coding history on OBDeleven.

To get to Byte 12 on my device, I did have to scroll horizontally along the top list of Bytes (where you see the "00" grouping that turns into "F0"). And do remember that the very first grouping is Byte 0.

Whether or not this actually works or if it's a placebo effect, I don't know. I personally barely use the A/C despite being in Southern California unless my gf is in the car because I can usually survive with the wind through an open window. If I lived in a more humid or much hotter climate, then I'm sure I'd use the A/C more! http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/595a8b704e842/20170703_111814.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/595a8b8acebba/20170703_111922.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/595a8b956681b/20170703_112013.png?
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/595a8c047e6a5/20170703_112042.png?

Nice! Thank you very much! I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing as I was able to get to byte 12 but wasn't sure if I was supposed to check all boxes 4-7.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Nice! Thank you very much! I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing as I was able to get to byte 12 but wasn't sure if I was supposed to check all boxes 4-7.

Actually I just came across this answer from DV52 that has his solution via VCDS and OBDeleven:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=283925&postcount=2

I don't know if they yield the same results, and I won't be able to check until I go back to my car during my lunch break.