GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mk7 GTD Remap

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
The only problem with red is its non metallic finish which means keeping it shiny is a tough job and lots of expensive G-Techniq kit!!!!

I've also been toying with keeping my GTD for much longer than anticipated and going for the remap. The Mk 8 is too far off.

What's your average MPG increase now since you had it done Rappy? Is a 5-10% increase in efficiency across the board fair or is it more or less?

Hi Mozz, colour wise, I can't fault the pure white. I have seen a few reds & they look stunning. Also, the pearl white appeals. Lots of choices :eek::eek:.

I have not changed my opinion on the map. Always showing over 50 mpg per tank. The best money spent.

Rappy:cool:

Last edited:

pipsyp

Ready to race!
I think you're right just got 12k for my 3 year old A3 black edition, if I get 15k for my GTD in three years I'd be reasonably pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah used values for VAG stuff definitely isnt as firm as it used to be........a mate recently looked into trading his barely year old Limestone GTI manual with leather and keyless immaculate and only around 11k miles....was there or thereabouts a 30k car new was offered about 19k for it. Not v good.

That said Skodas have been similarly afflicted, I had a Fabia vRS and Octavia vRS which i did quite well.on trading them after 18 months and a year respectively.....the Octavia I actually got enough back to put money in the bank and put forward my next deposit. My 23k Mk3 2.0 TDI Elegance, around a year old stood around 13k, probably nearer 11.5k now I should think which is pretty horrendous.

I think these low rate, low deposit PCP's help walk cars out of the showroom doors but then oversupply knackers used prices and people end up stuck in their PCPs unless they want to stump up/ lose thousands in a new deal. As is life I suppose.

jimma_uk

Ready to race!
Are you looking at the estate or hatch?

I do like the look of the estate, but it will be a hatch for me. I don't feel old enough to own an estate :D

The hard choice for me is 3 or 5 door and manual or DSG!!

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
I do like the look of the estate, but it will be a hatch for me. I don't feel old enough to own an estate :D

I like the look of the R Estate, looks like a scaled down Audi RS4

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
I'm trading my 2yr old gtd in next month and got 18k for it. You'll be lucky to get 15k at 3yrs old but definitely not 20k. Private sale for mine I could get around 19.5k buy even that's pushing it.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I'm trading my 2yr old gtd in next month and got 18k for it. You'll be lucky to get 15k at 3yrs old but definitely not 20k. Private sale for mine I could get around 19.5k buy even that's pushing it.

What are you getting next?. My px price was simply a guess. At 15k, it may simply stay.

All TBC.

Rappy:cool:

Metfan08

Ready to race!
Yeah used values for VAG stuff definitely isnt as firm as it used to be........a mate recently looked into trading his barely year old Limestone GTI manual with leather and keyless immaculate and only around 11k miles....was there or thereabouts a 30k car new was offered about 19k for it. Not v good.

That said Skodas have been similarly afflicted, I had a Fabia vRS and Octavia vRS which i did quite well.on trading them after 18 months and a year respectively.....the Octavia I actually got enough back to put money in the bank and put forward my next deposit. My 23k Mk3 2.0 TDI Elegance, around a year old stood around 13k, probably nearer 11.5k now I should think which is pretty horrendous.

I think these low rate, low deposit PCP's help walk cars out of the showroom doors but then oversupply knackers used prices and people end up stuck in their PCPs unless they want to stump up/ lose thousands in a new deal. As is life I suppose.

Those retained values sound about right to me, the market is pretty ruthless on depreciation, especially in the first year. 3year retained value on a GTI would be in the region between 50-60%, far better than a lot of cars, so with the majority of that 40% hit being taken in the first year, 19k sounds bang on. Not saying it's fair or right, it just is what it is. Don't forget that factory fitted options have little influence on the retained value, it's generally a fixed percentage of the base retail price without options.

The moral of the story is to expect to lose shed loads of money on a new car and not be surprised with the hit when you want to trade out of a 12-18 month old model into another brand new car...

On Order: Mk7 Golf Estate SE 1.4TSI 125 Manual in Metallic Night Blue. Options: Car-Net App Connect, Discover Nav, 2Zone Climate, Net Partition, Silver Roof Rails, Park Assist with Front&Rear Park Sensors. Build Week 33 Confirmed. Stage 5a of 7 (In Transit: Left Factory) received 12th August 2015. stage 5b of 7 received 22nd August 2015.

MOzGTD

Ready to race!

That seems a good deal. If that's the case I'll have about £2.5k equity in mine at 2 years old.

I still stand by my estimate of £12k for a 3 yr old GTD.

mon2s

Ready to race!
I've just flashed mine back to standard in readiness for its VW service.

I'd obviously got too used to how sharp it is with the remap - having put it back to standard, Sport mode seems reasonable but very tame and quite noticeably flat in the higher gears at A road / motorway speed. In Sport without the remap, it feels quite similar to how the car drives in Eco mode when running the remap.

El Kapitan

The positive reports of this remap are strongly tempting me to ring Nick and get one ordered! (emailed him about a week ago but sounds like he is a busy chap).

For those that have done this and told their insurer, can anyone recommend insurers who won't ask for a crazy extra premium? I spoke to mine (Axa) and they wouldn't insure full stop with a remap.

Thanks for any suggestions.

MOzGTD

Ready to race!

Just revisiting this I'd snap their hands off.

I was offered £18k for mine just before the diesel scandal hit (its 10 months old and 10k miles) - very disappointing.

mon2s

Ready to race!
Ouch! That hurts - I too was offered £18k for mine last week against a factory order 'R'. Mine is 18 months old with 17000 miles so compared to your offer, its not too bad. All the same, I decided to sit tight - especially as there will be a facelift of sorts to the Mk7 in 2016 so I don't want to get caned even worse by changing cars now.

I was getting over 10% discounts on the R though. Very, very tempting!