GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

YouTube to MP3

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
It's not legal, no you wont find any case where someone was caught doing this either. Don't use the word fairuse, it gets thrown around just like every fucking buzzword going on right now...the worst part is it's not a buzzword. Don't put fairuse and vcr together in the same sentence, because it's a vcr is not and has never been considered "fair use".

And since when has that been youtubes business model? Im curious, do you realize youtube sends take down notices to pirated content each and every hour?

Lastly, Who on fucking earth would want that shitty sound quality? It's great for watching a video and saying ah ill have to get this album/movie/video game/whatever else, but sound quality is destroyed on youtube.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
It's not legal, no you wont find any case where someone was caught doing this either. Don't use the word fairuse, it gets thrown around just like every fucking buzzword going on right now...the worst part is it's not a buzzword. Don't put fairuse and vcr together in the same sentence, because it's a vcr is not and has never been considered "fair use".

And since when has that been youtubes business model? Im curious, do you realize youtube sends take down notices to pirated content each and every hour?

Lastly, Who on fucking earth would want that shitty sound quality? It's great for watching a video and saying ah ill have to get this album/movie/video game/whatever else, but sound quality is destroyed on youtube.

Interesting. The site actually used to say it was legal. Now looking at it, that has been deleted.

Apparently this guy is in Germany and he still maintains its legal over there.

And if you can tell me where to get audio of interviews with better sound quality, or lectures, Id be happy to use another site.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Just because something hasn't been legally challenged yet doesn't make it compliant with copyright law. I'd also never go with a site owner's assurance as to the legality of his enterprise.

I've used the site in the past for some songs, sounds, and movie quotes that are not available to buy anywhere. For example if anyone can tell me where I can buy a good quality version of Rob Zombie/Drowning Pool - Man Without Fear then I'll be sure to do so.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
Just because something hasn't been legally challenged yet doesn't make it compliant with copyright law. I'd also never go with a site owner's assurance as to the legality of his enterprise.

I've used the site in the past for some songs, sounds, and movie quotes that are not available to buy anywhere. For example if anyone can tell me where I can buy a good quality version of Rob Zombie/Drowning Pool - Man Without Fear then I'll be sure to do so.

I'd say it was just his interpretation.

And from what I understand, Youtube will not remove something on its own from their site, you have to contact them and ask for each video to be removed. Howard Stern constantly rails on YouTube and how they built their site off the backs of others content.

blankwavercade

Ready to race!
Interesting. The site actually used to say it was legal. Now looking at it, that has been deleted.

Apparently this guy is in Germany and he still maintains its legal over there.

And if you can tell me where to get audio of interviews with better sound quality, or lectures, Id be happy to use another site.

http://archive.org/details/audio

you can find a lot of stuff here. some of which is in FLAC others in higher quality mp3/4 files.

Howard stern is also wrong on the topic of youtube. Youtube was not started by google.It was started by a group of people wanting a place to publish their OWN content. Once google decided how amazing youtube was for users they decided to buy it out. Not to rebrand it or build a business of stealing content. At one point when copyright law was sort of flakey, which it still is, They allowed whatever content to be published. After the whole RIAA and MPAA suing frenzy started they began realizing that a lot of copyrighted work was on their servers which were in the US. This made them the "owners" of the content. They then started to take the take down notices from music and video groups and deleting the illegal content. At somepoint they started removing audio tracks from videos as well. For instance, I had a video on youtube of skateboarding with music, The audio was removed from the video. Then they started to post the Google music and I think amazon music stores links in the video description. All in all youtube was never intended for illegal content to be shared and then recorded.

With that said, It's not like im all for completely legal music.

Last edited:

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Car(s)
2010 Tiguan 4Motion
Blankwavercade speaks the truth. It's unfortunate that there are people like the OP who will tell others something is 100% legal when in reality they have no idea what they are talking about.

dubessa

Go Kart Champion
DVD video soft is another legal program you can use to convert youtube to mp3/4 but you can choose the exact quality you want to download it in : http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/free-dvd-video-software.htm

This is what I use. If the quality of the YouTube sound is good then its usually the same for on my ipod. Only problem is the volume doesn't go high enough for some songs.

Way better than the limewire days.

Lös Gehts

Ready to race!
I've used youtube to mp3, to add songs on my ipad, with my hearing the quality is good enough, I'm no audiofile, and the songs I convert using this are ones I probably will only listen to for a short time.