GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Xyro's Golf GTI "Bolt"

Xyro TR1

Yay
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My car is old now. A hit-and-run, an encounter with a gravel truck, a blown tire... it's been a long 60k miles. Oh and 4 total sets of PSS tires haha. Yesterday threw a CEL for misfiring on Cyl 1, Cyl 4, and randoms. And a fuel pump short. VW ownership, man... it's a trip.

Xyro TR1

Yay
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did you change spark plugs already when you got a tune? This is my first VW so I'm a bit scared too haha, so far so good at 20k miles for me though.
No, it's still got the factory plugs. I actually hadn't heard that you needed to change them! I wonder if that's responsible for my recent misfire codes... hopefully it's that and not carbon buildup!

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
No, it's still got the factory plugs. I actually hadn't heard that you needed to change them! I wonder if that's responsible for my recent misfire codes... hopefully it's that and not carbon buildup!

While I haven't gotten a CEL yet for misfires, I am actively tracking misfires on my car atm. Cyl 2 and 3 are the worst, with 1 and 4 occasionally chipping in. I replaced my plugs one step lower and that cleared up a rough idle issue I had. Still logging misfires on occasion. Have you tried swapping coils and plugs? I plan on doing that this weekend. It could also be bad injectors or carbon buildup. Subbed, please keep us posted!

Xyro TR1

Yay
Car(s)
2015 GTI
While I haven't gotten a CEL yet for misfires, I am actively tracking misfires on my car atm. Cyl 2 and 3 are the worst, with 1 and 4 occasionally chipping in. I replaced my plugs one step lower and that cleared up a rough idle issue I had. Still logging misfires on occasion. Have you tried swapping coils and plugs? I plan on doing that this weekend. It could also be bad injectors or carbon buildup. Subbed, please keep us posted!

Will do!

I haven't really done anything on it yet. I picked up new plugs but haven't swapped them yet due to another major issue that just happened...

Xyro TR1

Yay
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So... I may be the first with this kind of failure, or my Google-fu isn't as strong as I think it is. But my car is in full on PANIC MODE saying that the brake fluid is empty. The level is good, did a flush and that's good too... but nothing seems to fix the error code. VCDS scan says no fault codes, so I've got no idea what's going on. My friend ordered a new fluid res and sensor to see if that's the issue. I'll keep the post updated.