GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the REFRESHED 2018 Golf/GTI available stateside?

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I've talked to many dealers up and down the east coast and they all know nothing and all give different time frames

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Spoke to my local dealer and he called his regional guy and the cars aren’t even on the able to order list and the regional said that we may not see anything until March. I was listening to them talk on speakerphone. This is from a dealer in Dayton Ohio.

Damn, wtf?

This is my first time shopping a VW, but isn't that much later than the usual launch window? Just for a midcycle refresh?

Montoya fan

Passed Driver's Ed
If they would just give us the same car that Europe has, but left hand drive of course this probably wouldn’t be an issue. I don’t know about you guys, but I would like the sunroof and larger radio. Not to mention more power and maybe a few more color choices. I know we are supposed to get more colors, but give us silver and nano grey metallic and I’m good.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
VW and sunroof dont get along. You can come across many such experiences in the forum.

My sunroof is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
When do you think they'll add the 2018 Golf configuration tool to the USA website?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
When do you think they'll add the 2018 Golf configuration tool to the USA website?

Surprised it isn't available in the US. The configurator was added to VW Canada's website recently and there are plenty of 2018 Autobahn GTI's already at dealers in Canada.

Spooled1

Passed Driver's Ed
The sunroof in my MK7 is the single thing running an otherwise awesome experience. It squeaks and rattles like a bitch!

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Surprised it isn't available in the US. The configurator was added to VW Canada's website recently and there are plenty of 2018 Autobahn GTI's already at dealers in Canada.

It seems as if Vw talks to the canadian dealers more so then the us. None of teh dealers here have a clue what the hell is going on

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If they would just give us the same car that Europe has, but left hand drive of course this probably wouldn’t be an issue. I don’t know about you guys, but I would like the sunroof and larger radio. Not to mention more power and maybe a few more color choices. I know we are supposed to get more colors, but give us silver and nano grey metallic and I’m good.

I'm pretty sure most ROW cars are also LHD, in Europe anyway

wantone

Ready to race!
It seems as if Vw talks to the canadian dealers more so then the us. None of teh dealers here have a clue what the hell is going on

The Canadian dealers probably didn't know squat until it got closer to getting vehicles. I imagine it's the same with the US dealers since they're further away time wise. Though some said the cars have hit the US ports, it looks like it's going to be a while until the dealers see them.

This timeline is nothing like last year that's for sure.

Mr. Creasy1

Passed Driver's Ed
You would think there would be info by now, especially if the cars are expected to go on sale here in the US at some point next month.

Flippy

Ready to race!
There is an overabundance of 2017 stock still out there. Guarantee they're holding these back because of it. Good discounts on the '17's but I'm personally waiting for the '18s to drop.

Last edited: