GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the REFRESHED 2018 Golf/GTI available stateside?

JWadle

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone in the US even been able to order an R yet? Rains have started here and I'm ready to garage my MX-5.

I got a call from a salesman at a local dealer two days ago saying that I could now order a 2018 R. I told him, "Great, call me back with details and I'll put in my order".

He then told me he had to check with his manager and would call me back shortly. Haven't heard from him since.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
They've done it again.

2018 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF MODELS NAMED CAR AND DRIVER "10BEST"

https://www.media.vw.com/releases/962

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/2018-10best-cars-the-best-cars-for-sale-in-america-today-feature

Los Angeles, CA (November 29, 2017) — Volkswagen of America, Inc. is pleased to announce today that Car and Driver magazine has named the Volkswagen e-Golf, Golf, Golf Alltrack, Golf GTI, Golf SportWagen and Golf R to its 2018 “10Best” list. Taking home a twelfth consecutive “10Best” award in a competition against 65 vehicles, the Golf models were praised for exceptional versatility, dynamics and value.

“The Golf’s secret to 10Best success is its ambition: It’s not only the best and most versatile car in its class, every year it vies for the title of top vote-getter on our 10Best ballot,” said the editors of Car and Driver. “It’s almost a luxury car—refined, well equipped, and tastefully appointed. It just happens to be small, practical, and relatively affordable. Its road manners are impeccable, its handling balanced in a way that now escapes most cars.”

“We are honored that Car and Driver has named the Volkswagen Golf models to its 2018 ‘10Best’ list,” said Hinrich J. Woebcken, President and CEO, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. “Earning this award for the twelfth consecutive year validates the consistency of the Golf family in delivering unmatched quality and performance at a competitive price point.”

The Car and Driver annual “10Best” list features 10 of the magazine’s most favored new vehicles. Cars are judged on value, performance and the ability to satisfy the comprehensive driving needs of the consumer.

All production vehicles for sale in the current calendar year are considered, with the following restrictions: the vehicle must be on sale by January; it must be priced below 2.5 times the average car price for that year; the manufacturer must provide a vehicle for testing; and only substantially changed vehicles and the past year’s “10Best” winners are nominated.

COSturmWolke

Ready to race!
I got a call from a salesman at a local dealer two days ago saying that I could now order a 2018 R. I told him, "Great, call me back with details and I'll put in my order".

He then told me he had to check with his manager and would call me back shortly. Haven't heard from him since.

Yeah,the same thing happened with me. I wonder if the regional manager for Colorado jumped the gun and got the dealers all excited. I thought that I would have heard more afterward or that the order guide was imminent, but... :(
I’m going by Friday morning to ‘place my order’, but I’m guessing that it’s not going to happen. Ugh.

B95zP

Ready to race!
Yeah,the same thing happened with me. I wonder if the regional manager for Colorado jumped the gun and got the dealers all excited. I thought that I would have heard more afterward or that the order guide was imminent, but... :(
I’m going by Friday morning to ‘place my order’, but I’m guessing that it’s not going to happen. Ugh.

Sign and Drive ends tomorrow, so I'm hoping Dec 1st is the day.

AKF427

Ready to race!
Quick question. I recall seeing a VIRTUAL COCKPIT on some European MK7.5 Golf's. I googled "VW GTI 2018 virtual cockpit". However on all of the spec sheets I looked over on this thread, no reference is made to the VIRTUAL COCKPIT for the USA? Does anybody know if the VIRTUAL COCKPIT will be available on the 2018 MK7.5 GTI? Also, if available, will it be an option across the various trims...or just for higher end trims like the Autobahn? Thanks!

Flippy

Ready to race!
Quick question. I recall seeing a VIRTUAL COCKPIT on some European MK7.5 Golf's. I googled "VW GTI 2018 virtual cockpit". However on all of the spec sheets I looked over on this thread, no reference is made to the VIRTUAL COCKPIT for the USA? Does anybody know if the VIRTUAL COCKPIT will be available on the 2018 MK7.5 GTI? Also, if available, will it be an option across the various trims...or just for higher end trims like the Autobahn? Thanks!

Only on the R

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Just called my dealer here in California and got the shocking news that they weren't expecting any R's until March. Which seems nuts...

What about GTIs? Do they usually arrive together?

Flippy

Ready to race!
Just got back from the LA Auto Show and they had a 2018 GTI and R there. The Iron Blue definitely looks awesome in person. Asked the dude there when we could expect these to arrive and he offered little to no insight. He said we were still months out from seeing these on the lots but he didn't seem to know for sure.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Buddy who is a salesman got the infokit today. I'm not allowed to say a lot, but Green is available on the GSW :D Reflex silver is no more across the line, CSG is done on the GTI. Silver White is added to the GTI. Sat radio is no longer standard, under-seat tray is removed, no more chilled glovebox, no more cd player, no more aux port. Fender is only on top level cars(SEL/Autobahn). Digital cockpit is only on the R, no info on paint to sample. R gets 7 speed DSG. Auto start/stop is standard on DSGs/Autos.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Woah...Great Falls Green??

Not even Canada has that! Does anyone have pics of it?

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Woah...Great Falls Green??

Not even Canada has that! Does anyone have pics of it?

From what I understand it's just another name for peacock green. However we get it on the GTI while they do not. I'll find out more as I can. I'm most likely going to buy a Great Falls Green GSW 4 motion manual!

Peacock Green for reference

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
That's interesting because Canada has Platinum Gray Metallic for the GTI. So we don't get that?

I'm leaning towards Dark Iron Blue right now with White Silver a close second.

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
That's interesting because Canada has Platinum Gray Metallic for the GTI. So we don't get that?

I'm leaning towards Dark Iron Blue right now with White Silver a close second.

I’ll be disappointed if there is neither a silver nor a grey option. Green, red, blue, white, and the hurts-my-brain “white silver” only?

My current hatchback is dark blue, and it’s unattractive anytime after the first day post-wash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Platinum gray will be an option it seems.

That being said, maybe it's a case of grass is greener, but parked next to a CSG GTI. Gotta say, in person, that color is amazing. Makes platinum gray look flat and one dimensional