GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your monthly cost for insurance?

FURYSPARTAN

2017 GTI Sport- $92/month with Farm Bureau. $0 comp/$250 collision. multi car and home discount. I think $92 is outrageously high and am looking to switch.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
2017 GTI Sport- $92/month with Farm Bureau. $0 comp/$250 collision. multi car and home discount. I think $92 is outrageously high and am looking to switch.

I'd say the reason it's high is your collision deductible. Either pay out of pocket if you're in an accident or pay in the premium if you have a low deductible.

FURYSPARTAN

I'd say the reason it's high is your collision deductible. Either pay out of pocket if you're in an accident or pay in the premium if you have a low deductible.

I would agree, but both my other vehicles have the same deductibles. My ecoboost truck is worth more than my GTI for sure but its only $55/month. Thats why I was not happy about close to double the monthly price for my GTI.

FURYSPARTAN

Insurance is relatively cheap in NC. $92 isn't bad in reality, but they got me used to $55/month lol.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Wow 92 bucks and complaining haha, you should move to NY/NJ for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tico63

Ready to race!
I pay $104 a month. I'm 25 clean driving record. Statefarm.

FURYSPARTAN

Wow 92 bucks and complaining haha, you should move to NY/NJ for a bit

I can relate to your pain. I worked in the front end of Auto Body shops for years and at first it blew my mind why anyone would have a $1000 deductible(mostly northern clients). Then it was explained to me how insurance was so much more expensive up north and it made sense. Lesson learned.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yep , that’s another reason why sooo many people register their cars in other states instead, nevertheless live in NY or any other state with high rates and never get in trouble for it, lots of SC,NC, Ohio , PA , FL, GA is very popular now. Some could be people that moved here and have yet to transfer plates but tons they just live here insured in other states, we basically pay for everybody else ‘s lower rate, granted it is higher risk but lots of shenanigans going on in other states even more so than here yet we get crazy premiums, very few people will have 500 deductibles on collision most are 1k and up.

JavaGreen94

Passed Driver's Ed
I genuinely thought the UK was the only place getting screwed over on insurance!

Over here it's really high until you hit 25. I'm 24 next week so still not hit the point where it drops.

I guess it works different over here but it's £500 per year for me on my own insurance, with 3 years no claims bonus. (Never had an accident but didn't have my own car till 3 years ago as I just drove my Mum's VW Up. So couldn't build up no claims)

That's for a 2017 Golf R Line.

B00STED1

Ready to race!
SoFlo & I'm 22 paying 190. No tickets/accidents, just Florida insurance for a young adult.

Hunter's_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Florida, 22, one super minor accident over 3 years ago (idled my truck into the bumper of a carolla). With my 03 f150, at the lowest possible mileage with full coverage still, I pay 277/mo. State farm with multi car/renters insurance

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk