GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the best exhaust for the Mk7 GTI

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
CBE.

Many say AWE track edition. I've heard magnaflow. Personally, the cobra sport sounds deep and true to me. Borla sounds a loud but a bit hollow.

First du should find an answer to this: What's your definition of "best exhaust"?

I'd suggest Akrapovic. ;)

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
First du should find an answer to this: What's your definition of "best exhaust"?

I'd suggest Akrapovic. ;)

best is subjective. Just looking for testimonials, reviews, customer insight, whatever.I like gathering my info and doing my research.

Isn't this forum full of reviews, experiences and opinions on several if
not any exhaust systems? I must have missed something. Or you did.
Honestly, I see extremely low need for another "best exhaust" thread.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Isn't this forum full of reviews, experiences and opinions on several if
not any exhaust systems? I must have missed something. Or you did.
Honestly, I see extremely low need for another "best exhaust" thread.

Haha, right. Have a good rest of your saturday man, seriously.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I have a Magnaflow CBE with stock DP and it is too quiet for my liking. No drone what so ever.

Enigma1

Ready to race!
I have the awe track exhaust and like it. I was actually going to see if anyone had it paired with the awe performance down pipe I'd love to hear some clips of that. Thinking of adding it on but it's definitely a pricey down pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cornercarver

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the awe track exhaust and like it. I was actually going to see if anyone had it paired with the awe performance down pipe I'd love to hear some clips of that. Thinking of adding it on but it's definitely a pricey down pipe

How is it on long 3+ hour drives? I have had modified exhaust on several of my cars, while the AWE track sounds great in sound clips I am worried if there will be drone on long highway drives.

Enigma1

Ready to race!
Just drove it down to NC about 5 hours a couple weekends ago and really didn't get highway drone.

I'm worried adding the down pipe might be too much but oh so tempted

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 575

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Just drove it down to NC about 5 hours a couple weekends ago and really didn't get highway drone.

I'm worried adding the down pipe might be too much but oh so tempted

AWE track is one I'm def eyeing up. Seems to have a good growl but I wonder that it might not be much louder than stock. Maybe sound clips don't capture it too well idk.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Location of this thread is a bit odd.

But anyways, I'm in the same boat as you. The AWE exhausts (Without downpipe) seem to be just that subtle step up from stock that the average passer by might not notice, I just hope that I would notice it. I'm not sure if I would go with the touring edition or the track edition. Typically I greatly prefer the sound of resonated exhaust, but the touring edition seems extremely close to stock, and the cost of the track edition is hard to beat. I wish I could get the track edition now, and buy the resonator separately later if I decide I don't like it. In fact... I might ask them about that. Surely it would be within their power.

Last edited: