GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the least powerful car you've ever driven?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Rented a Renault Clio at 72hp, 5-speed stick in Ireland on vacation. Cost $8/day to rent and then I found out why. Most dangerous and under powered car I have ever even seen never mind driven in person. But $8/day = winning.

If I ever go back to ireland I'm renting a Polo GTI and screaming down all those awesome backroads. Amazing roads over there.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
116 hp 1991 Miata. Great car bc of how light it was.

Merkle

Banned
1994 Saturn SL That I bought for $500. Was rated at 85hp new, and this was a mega shitty example of the breed, probably had about 50hp on a good day.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Triumph TR6 - it was great fun but probably had 90 WHP at best. My neighbor had just finished restoring it in his garage too. Loved that thing.

WAP

Go Kart Champion

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I believe that put out 105hp. Not bad for the time.

Ahhh ok. This one wasn't exactly maintained. Ever. Still fun to tool around in though. My friend picked it up for $500 and let me borrow it while my previous car was in the shop. I would have bought that for $500.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
57? damn... And I thought that triumph was slow. The thing was though I didn't care in the least, that wasn't the point of that car (to be fast). We had it up to 70 on the highway... less then pleasant. dat build quality doe

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
probably my old car in high school.... my 1982 Renault LeCar, with a whopping 50bhp :lol: ...and yeah, I had the "peel back" roof just like this!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
probably my old car in high school.... my 1982 Renault LeCar, with a whopping 50bhp :lol: ...and yeah, I had the "peel back" roof just like this!

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Test drove the 2013 Mazda 3 hatchback with SkyActiv before deciding on the Golf. That thing had no balls at all, the salesperson kept trying to get me to "push it harder" but it just wouldn't go.

NathanDetroit

Ready to race!
The worst I've owned was an '84 Chevy Cavalier - 86 hp. The worst I've driven would probably be a borrowed mid-'80s Mazda 323 which according to Wiki is in the 68-73 hp range.

They didn't feel terribly underpowered at the time, but they were both pretty light and I was a young, inexperienced driver.