GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you hate about your MK7 Golf R?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
You know what annoys me? When someone makes their rant video with the soundaktor turned up to 11. :D

I too hate the piano black trim and its propensity to look like ass from dust, but none of the other stuff bothers me much. I think a sunroof should have been optional but I would have avoided it on this car anyways. I will add that the driver's power seat lacking memory functionality pisses me off much more than the passenger seat only being partially powered. And lack of Homelink is completely ludicrous.

I just did my armrest with the ECS kit and it did NOT leave it jacked up at a higher angle than when it was bolted shut, so not sure what's going on there.

phobos512

Ready to race!
I hated that I had to open the armrest, the fake engine sound that I eventually turned off with OBDEleven, that it didn't come with a spare and I absolutely needed one once, and that the cargo area cover kept popping off the hooks. That's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
Lack of Homelink, lack of center console (corrected this), lack of spare tire (also corrected), and lack of option for sunroof.

Homelink looks like it may be fixed with the new mirror from VW (waiting to see if it works for DAP/DCC cars) as earlier models have success with it.

Sunroof isn't end of the world though.

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
you guys with '15-'16 Rs can get the homelink into your mirror .. $200-ish .. there's a huge post on vortex about it.

Lack of moonroof is about it for me.

What also irks me is the elitist attitude of some of the members in the community .. not a big deal, some VW owners think they're better than other enthusiasts due to their car preference, humility goes a long way and lets be honest ... we do just drive a "tarted up golf" :D

ronn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 R (Sold)
- Lack of driver's side memory seat (Don't hate, just a nice to have feature)
- More OEM accessories (Wheels, aero kits, diffusers, performance exhaust options etc.)

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
People who have nothing better to do than to make a complaint video. It's a friggin' VW not an Audi. Pony up an extra $10K and you can get those options.

Urlik

Go Kart Newbie
Piano black is a fancy phrase for shiny hard plastic. I wish auto makers would dump the stuff already.

I couldn't make it to the end...to whiny for my tastes. Probably the Vet in me that was ready to scream drill instructor epitaphs at you long before it was over.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I suppose some folks simply have to have something to complain about. It's pretty easy, though, to come up with something to bitch about, about anything. Not a terribly difficult task.