GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you drive before the Golf R?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I’ve owned over 25 new cars in the past, but I was so happy with the GTI DSG I have now, I decided to get the Golf-R in MT too.

Now I want a Golf-R in DSG to keep in my garage next to my MT one.

CharlieTango

Passed Driver's Ed
B7 S4 that i absolutely loved. I didnt know how to go about modifying anything but it had vmr 710's from the previous owner that looked pretty nice. The front rake always bothered me... sometimes i still miss her

Pic from when i traded up

Pics of the audi all cleaned up for the next owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
'05 LeMans Blue Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe (4.5 years)
'06 Sonic Blue Volvo V70 R (7 years)
'95 Medium Quasar Blue Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (19 years) - Favorite car of all time
'89 Dark Gray Ford Mustang GT (5 years)
'69 Sea Green Toyota Hi-Lux Pickup (2 years)

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
'05 LeMans Blue Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe (4.5 years)
'06 Sonic Blue Volvo V70 R (7 years)
'95 Medium Quasar Blue Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (19 years) - Favorite car of all time
'89 Dark Gray Ford Mustang GT (5 years)
'69 Sea Green Toyota Hi-Lux Pickup (2 years)
Nice i have always wanted a v70 r!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Nice i have always wanted a v70 r!
For a 4,000 lb car, it was very enjoyable. It wasn't super quick but for a heavy car it did move out nicely. Best part was flooring it in the rain as it hooked up where other cars would spin out. I kind of expect that from the Golf R so, if it ever rains again, I'll definitely try it!

Last edited:

G7Rules

Ready to race!
For a 4,000 lb car, it was very enjoyable. It wasn't super quick but for a heavy car it did move out nicely. Best part was flooring it in the rain as it hooked up where other cars would spin out. I kind of expect that from the Golf R so, if it ever rains again, I'll definitely try it!

You won't be disappointed. It hooks up in the rain like nobody's business

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
This with 550HP.

( the plate frame says everything )

walterthurman

I've been meaning to reply to this thread for a while.

1965 Chevy II, 283ci with 3-speed column shift
1969 Pontiac Firebird, 350ci - great to look at, cornered on rails, engine/transmission/cooling system were junk
1987 Honda Accord LXi hatchback, 5-MT
1993 Volvo 940 wagon (two of them, one junk, one okay)
1996 Volvo 850R wagon (fast, squirrelly, an absolute riot to drive, and my college dream car)
2006 Acura TSX
2014 Honda Odyssey (don't laugh; I've got twins)
2017 VW Golf R, 6-MT

We still have the Acura and the Odyssey. The Golf is the best of the bunch, but sometimes I miss having that Firebird to look at in the driveway...

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Just to be complete, here are pics of my previous...

1989 Mustang GT - my first new car. Decent but short wheelbase and solid rear axle made it squirrelly and only a few years later the F-Body was a much better car so I had to switch.

1995 Z28 - My second new car and my favorite of all time. Had it 19 years. No, I'm NOT pregnant. The Enkei "Win" wheels were great. This was after the Eibach springs, Maglaflow exhaust and a few other upgrades.

You already saw the 2006 V70R above. Third new car. I liked it but ultimately was not satisfied with it compared to the Camaro so I searched for a better replacement and came up with this 2005 Corvette Base Coupe:

If it weren't for all the silly little issues I'd have kept it but it was really at the age where it was starting to fall apart (like the Camaro) so I had to change again and I chose the R which you've seen in the other thread but here it is again:

No, I don't know why the Mustang was not blue but I think that year the light blue was too light and the dark blue was too dark.