GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Well not today, but Saturday did my first auto-x in the wet. Discovered there is still some nanny even with esc off, start vibration off, XDS off, and torque limit reduced(no option for off for me).Hopefully someday we'll figure it out. The IS38 is definitely too much for small auto-x courses, the IS20 would have done much better. As soon as you hit any boost you'd have to brake.

Just posted in the xds thread, but try counter steer support to weak with obd11. May help you some... or not. Would love your feedback regardless. I don't autox so never really at the limit to see how these changes really make a difference.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Finally got my car back from the body shop! It's been there for 3 months.
Got a Golf R bumper put on while it was there :D

murtaza911

Ready to race!
3 months?!?! Was it a beetle going in?
Ugghh tell me about it.
First delay no biggy.
But then they ordered the wrong bumper (MK7.5). Then they ordered the wrong brackets. At this point it was 1+ months, and they never once called me through the process. I had to call them every week to see if it's done. I went on vacation, assuming it'd be done while I was gone. Made arrangements to get it picked up.... Nope!
A month later back from my trip, STILL NOT DONE. Had no bumper on.

Then they ordered the wrong intercooler (I had Golf R intercooler, they ordered regular golf). Then they damaged my headlight.

They also wanted me to pay for the wrong parts they ordered (I gave them part numbers, but they told the part guy to get a vin from a Golf R on the lot instead...) and a battle to get them to cover my head light.

Oh and when I got my car back today, the interior was dirty and smelled of mold. The headlights were wired wrong and didn't work (ended up fixing this my self), the AC doesn't work. The fender liner is missing 2 screws on each side. The bumper has a small paint chip, the finder has a small paint chip. And a few other things I'm forgetting.

Overall a very bad experience.

Looks amazing man!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Installed an ECS clutch bleeder block and stainless steel clutch hose (removing the "swirl valve" thingy). Will test drive it in the morning.

Also did a shifter alignment and I think I broke the locking pin on the trans. Don't know how but it no longer locks... Luckily I can still align it thanks to a Dieselgeek video on YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Did some spirited driving through some twisty hills to drop off my 5yr old at day camp this morning.

He yelled, “It’s like a roller coaster! I never have this much fun when Mommy drives!”

Totally made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Did some spirited driving through some twisty hills to drop off my 5yr old at day camp this morning.

He yelled, “It’s like a roller coaster! I never have this much fun when Mommy drives!”

Totally made my day.

that's fine until he tells mummy about it & mummy gets annoyed with you driving like a race car driver...or so she will see it...:D

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
When my wife takes my car, my daughter is in the back saying "faster Mommy, faster!" Lol

izzulap

Window tint 50% in front, nothing on windshield, and limo 5% on all back.
On a side note this is a 7.5 will the painted vw emblem for a mk7 fit my car? Did they change the size or fit for the mk7.5 over from the 7 I need to know this before ordering a blackout emblem. Please send links if you have them for good ones that don't come in the set of front and back. (which is all I can find on ebay)

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
Put the Suckmaster 5000 to work today. Never going back to the traditional method.

Untilllllll I had to do the girlfriends 1.4t Jetta with the filter on the bottom. Told her she is going to have to sell it.