GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Lhd cars have the cutoffs lower on left side, to not blind oncoming traffic. RHD vehicles have the cutoffs lower on the right side.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Interesting, I never noticed one side was lower than the other. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
[Rainwater is better for the final rinse if it’s filtered and has no particles in it. Mains water usually has some elements in it that leave watermarks (fluoride,
Lime etc) whereas rain water doesn’t. Filtered water is best for final rinse.]
It's great for the initial wetting too. As soon as the wet stuff falls form the sky, I reach for the buckets & sponges. And ignore the curtian twitching from amazed neighbours....

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
Enlighten me whats different between rhd and lhd headlights?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In the U.K. we drive on the left so headlights are directed to the left as to not dazzle oncoming traffic.

So when driving in Europe you can switch the headlights from the Infortainment screen to dip towards the right, years ago we used to use tape on the headlights

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Swapped on my summer wheels & tires, BBS CO w/Michelin PSS. Got some genuine red & silver center caps over the winter to replace the black & silver that came with the wheels.

Also installed the euro VW factory skid place for a little more piece of mind and protection.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
so I assume if you go with a skid plate like this you have to remove to drain oil through the plug (I know extractors) easy as a "normal" plate? I have cars/trucks that you remove and it's easy.

I washed/inspected brakes and mounted my summers.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
so I assume if you go with a skid plate like this you have to remove to drain oil through the plug (I know extractors) easy as a "normal" plate? I have cars/trucks that you remove and it's easy.

Super easy to remove, 7 screws and 7 bolts. Takes maybe a couple minutes?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Well, finally done with the downpipe after many hours adjusting due to the stupid heat shield screw. Not sure if I'm going to like going catless, the smell is quite something.

Also finished my VWR spring install, pretty easy except having the correct strut spreader tool helps. I definitely chewed through the spindle with a 1/4" ratchet trying to get the strut loose.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Finally got the ED springs and koni yellow shocks put on. BIG thanks to Hoon for helping with the install!

Rides great, no squeaks or strange noises. Definitely stiffer than stock but just the right amount for street driving, feels really tight. Rear konis were adjusted just shy of 1/2 turn stiff before install. I haven't adjusted the fronts yet but will probably match the rears. It also needs an alignment (was gonna do anyway) as it pulls slightlyyy to the right.

Overall, very happy with how it came out. Learned alot in the process which was great. I also kind of understand why people throw spacers in the rear now. The drop really emphasizes how far in the rear wheel is, looks a bit off. Will see how it all comes together when I throw on my new wheels in a few weeks (19x8.5 et45).

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Finally got the ED springs and koni yellow shocks put on. BIG thanks to Hoon for helping with the install!

Rides great, no squeaks or strange noises. Definitely stiffer than stock but just the right amount for street driving, feels really tight. Rear konis were adjusted just shy of 1/2 turn stiff before install. I haven't adjusted the fronts yet but will probably match the rears. It also needs an alignment (was gonna do anyway) as it pulls slightlyyy to the right.

Overall, very happy with how it came out. Learned alot in the process which was great. I also kind of understand why people throw spacers in the rear now. The drop really emphasizes how far in the rear wheel is, looks a bit off. Will see how it all comes together when I throw on my new wheels in a few weeks (19x8.5 et45).
Full soft + 1/2 turn towards stiff?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
More like yesterday.. used my new to me obdeleven to set up. Windows roll up and down with key fob. Works with kessy to just can figure out how to roll down using door handle to unlock and have windows roll down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
More like yesterday.. used my new to me obdeleven to set up. Windows roll up and down with key fob. Works with kessy to just can figure out how to roll down using door handle to unlock and have windows roll down

When you put your hand inside the handle to unlock just hold it there for a few more seconds. Windows should roll down.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
When you put your hand inside the handle to unlock just hold it there for a few more seconds. Windows should roll down.
Nope I was wrong. Had to run out for a sec so i tried it. No go. I couldve sworn I had tested that it had worked.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk