GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dragonskiss

Ready to race!
Yep I'm not far either! That's a really good price compared to when I got quoted from another place for H&Rs.

Have you been to their shop before? It looks like they're very mod friendly, I saw they installed a Clubsport S muffler for someone too which I think will be another upgrade I do.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Clubsport S muffler install was on my white GTI if you saw it on their SoCal thread. Thomas (the owner) and his tech are absolutely top notch. They're extremely mod friendly and very reasonable when it comes to labor. They've accommodated me multiple times on very short notice. Heck, my Clubsport S muffler went on the same day I called in to inquire about their availability.

Matthewpt

Ready to race!
670FFBC9-F4EB-406C-8273-45CD2457E272.jpeg

Installed Aerofabb V2 splitter since the weather is nice today.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
HAHA!

Gotta wait for two reasons:

1) I need to see the clearance after adding some VW wheels. I think they're taller than the trailer wheels.

2) It looks 4x4-ish now, but it'll drop about two inches with a load. Gotta leave room for proper wheel movement so I don't rip off the fenders. :eek:

Scott

How about air bags. Then you can level it.

But if the trailer lowers it that much, is that good on the car which is not made for towing?

JacobAllison

Ready to race!
Installed the MAP intake I picked up last week before I wound up in the hospital. Finally!

Looks pretty good, sounds pretty sweet. Considering hunting down a red filter element for it because that's the theme. Anyway, install was easy. I do need to actually disconnect the SAI hose fully but I really don't think you need to do that from under the car, to be honest. I think there's plenty of room on the top if you can get the clip out. I'll bring the video camera tomorrow when I give that a shot and show y'all.

Not my ticket but... well. Soon, if I'm not careful.

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_180721.jpg
    IMG_20180211_180721.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 805
  • turbowhistle.jpg
    turbowhistle.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 785

Joel

Ready to race!
Can you just pull your SAI filter off, don't you need to leave it or get a block off?
Nevermind, just read the SAI filter goes directly to pump with this intake.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Sandman,

How about air bags. Then you can level it. But if the trailer lowers it that much, is that good on the car which is not made for towing?

One of us may have misunderstood something. When AtlantaDad said "Lower it," I assumed he was talking about lowering the trailer since it has a lot of fender gap. So I was referring to how the trailer suspension compresses under load. But even that may not be the case.

My utility trailer has 500-lb springs on it. They compress about two inches when the trailer is loaded to 1000 lbs. Since the cargo trailer already weighs 600-lbs empty, then it will probably compress even less since I'll probably never load it to more than 1000-lbs, maybe 1500 for a short transit. Rather than lowering the trailer, I may cheat and simply put deeper fenders on it. :p

The car's suspension does not compress even as much as having passengers or luggage in the hatch. I very seldom approach 125-150 lbs on the hitch. There's about 60 lbs on the hitch in my photo. Also, I have no immediate plan to lower the car. :cool:

Scott

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Considering hunting down a red filter element for it because that's the theme.

Grab a filter from Neuspeed. The intake pipe looks to be the same diameter as my Neuspeed P-flo

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Sandman,

One of us may have misunderstood something. When AtlantaDad said "Lower it," I assumed he was talking about lowering the trailer since it has a lot of fender gap. So I was referring to how the trailer suspension compresses under load. But even that may not be the case.

My utility trailer has 500-lb springs on it. They compress about two inches when the trailer is loaded to 1000 lbs. Since the cargo trailer already weighs 600-lbs empty, then it will probably compress even less since I'll probably never load it to more than 1000-lbs, maybe 1500 for a short transit. Rather than lowering the trailer, I may cheat and simply put deeper fenders on it. :p

The car's suspension does not compress even as much as having passengers or luggage in the hatch. I very seldom approach 125-150 lbs on the hitch. There's about 60 lbs on the hitch in my photo. Also, I have no immediate plan to lower the car. :cool:

Scott

Of course he meant lower the trailer. When given two possible meanings to Atlantadad's comments, always assume the dumber of the two.

VWPrine

Only a week old (to me), here's my 2016 CPO SE. Got the salt off and added some emblems stickers! Hopefully clear bra and window tint soon!:D

Attachments

• emblem back.jpg
    emblem back.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 672
  • emblem front.jpg
    emblem front.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 674
Last edited: