GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I wish I could get my exhaust tips shiny like that. Bought mine used with 30K miles and they are black. Grrrrrrr.

Does anyone have a real way to do that?

Barkeepers friend and a lot of time/elbow grease. I neglected mine for a few months and really regret it. They got pretty shiny again, but nowhere near like-new condition.

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
If you don't mind me asking, were did you get the folding mirrors? I want to add a set to my car in the near future. Any info would be highly appreciated.

AliExpress, Chinese OEM parts. There are a number of decent threads in these forums discussing who sells them and how to install them. Prices seem to vary pretty widely.

Last edited:

eXpo

Car(s)
2009 GTI
Installed Forge BOV (haters welcome)
Installed Borla catback
Unplugged Soundaktor
Rear wiper delete

Ready for winter to be over so I can spend an entire weekend in the garage doing a full paint correction and coating. The car definitely needs some loving!

racerxxx

Ready to race!
Not today, but Sunday. I put on the high performance plaid from Klii Motorwerks. Front, back and horn button and the license plate frame. I also got an aluminum charger and cool red and black USB cable. All in, a staggering .05 hp gain. It's neck snapping power to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Not today, but Sunday. I put on the high performance plaid from Klii Motorwerks. Front, back and horn button and the license plate frame. I also got an aluminum charger and cool red and black USB cable. All in, a staggering .05 hp gain. It's neck snapping power to say the least.

You know the extra weight actually results in a -.2 hp, right?

Wetelvis

Ready to race!

How many times did the horn go off ? doing the decals?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Removed the clutch delay on Sunday so I figured I'd readjust the shifter since I never did when I put in Shortys Short Shifter.
There's a thick rubbery boot under the shift boot that I did not know how to remove. I figured it just pulls off...

But I was wrong. If someone knows how to get it off properly without tearing let us know!

I had to take off my shift knob and used a 5/16 Allen wrench to lock the shifter in place. A 5mm Allen wrench works as well but the 5/16 was a really snug fit so I went with that.

When locking the transmission make sure it's in neutral. You have to pump the linkage up and down a little when pressing the locking pin in, then twist it up to lock.
Overall feels a little smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SendyMk7

Second day of ownership, slapped on new wheels and tires (18 x 8 Voxx Danzas w/ 245/40/R18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS06), removed front license plate bracket. I like the no front plate look but the holes left behind really bug me. Does anyone know an effective way to fill those holes and make them less noticeable?

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Removed the clutch delay on Sunday so I figured I'd readjust the shifter since I never did when I put in Shortys Short Shifter.
There's a thick rubbery boot under the shift boot that I did not know how to remove. I figured it just pulls off...

But I was wrong. If someone knows how to get it off properly without tearing let us know!
I had to take off my shift knob and used a 5/16 Allen wrench to lock the shifter in place. A 5mm Allen wrench works as well but the 5/16 was a really snug fit so I went with that.
When locking the transmission make sure it's in neutral. You have to pump the linkage up and down a little when pressing the locking pin in, then twist it up to lock.
Overall feels a little smoother.

The hole in the rubber boot is not for adjustment? Dang, I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I'm about to install the S3 short shifter.