GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

chid

Ready to race!
eclipsed GTI (sorry for the bugs, almost 2000 km to see the eclipse)

Attachments

• Eclipsed GTI.jpg
    Eclipsed GTI.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 718

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Gave her a quick rinseless wash. Still love this car. Night blue metallic looks so good in the sunlight...pics just don't it justice. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Drove my car around for a bit trying to reset readiness sensors. Had flashed down to Unitronic Stage 1+ about a week ago and have been driving the car around since but they're still not all set and I need to get my car inspected. Any ideas? I tried running the tests on obdeleven like you can on vcds but that didn't work.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

EShadowbrook

Passed Driver's Ed
Drove my car around for a bit trying to reset readiness sensors. Had flashed down to Unitronic Stage 1+ about a week ago and have been driving the car around since but they're still not all set and I need to get my car inspected. Any ideas? [/IMG]

I'm assuming you were at stage 2? You obviously swapped the DP out for the stock unit, right? I think you need flash down further. Have you tried going back to the stock tune and DP?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
After waiting 8 months finally got around to installing my Invidia catless downpipe. Out with the old and in with the new! Removal went smooth. But then...

Disaster! Didn't have a 22mm wrench to take out the O2 sensor, I thought my buddy would have at least a crescent wrench lying around. Who doesn't have a crescent wrench?!?

Luckily a neighbor had one. Had a little issue installing the new DP. I was only using ramps on the front. The new DP had very little flex and I couldn't get it in, jacked up the passenger side and that allowed me to angle and slide it in. Sounds raspy when going over 3K. Stock exhaust.

Also put in my EDesign sway bar with Superpro end links.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I'm assuming you were at stage 2? You obviously swapped the DP out for the stock unit, right? I think you need flash down further. Have you tried going back to the stock tune and DP?
Correct I was stage 2, I have not tried going back to the stock tune. From my understanding however that should not be necessary as the O2 sensors are active on the 1+ file. I suppose it can't hurt to shoot an email over to Unitronic just to double check.

NinjaTune

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally got around to installing my VWR springs. Went very smoothly, transformed my car and I couldn't be happier. After that, my girlfriend grabbed her GTI and we got the mk7's nice and dirty for a little photoshoot. Obligatorily carwash after. Good day.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Dude, that first picture is HUGE :eek:

Though the other pictures look very nice!
I'd love to get a better look at the side of the car to see what the drop looks like :cool:

NinjaTune

Passed Driver's Ed
Dude, that first picture is HUGE :eek:

Though the other pictures look very nice!
I'd love to get a better look at the side of the car to see what the drop looks like :cool:
do you mean size wise? I dont post much and im not 100% on cropping yet. I can fix it if so. Oddly enough, a lack of side pictures. She's all cleaned up so I'll get a good one tomorrow as I'm leaving work for sure!

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
do you mean size wise? I dont post much and im not 100% on cropping yet. I can fix it if so. Oddly enough, a lack of side pictures. She's all cleaned up so I'll get a good one tomorrow as I'm leaving work for sure!

Yes, first picture is massive size wise.