GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Mk7NMpdx

Ready to race!
DeAutoKey are error free. I have the brighter ones with the housing that I installed Thursday and have no error messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
No everyone drives like any idiot where cops will need to see our plates. And the led looks more modern. The halogen looks so outdated.

+1[emoji106]

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

Festivus1

Passed Driver's Ed
Jeez I enjoy reading through and seeing the stuff all you creative guys do. Every day I like the looks of these little cars more and more, there are so many ways to subtly tweak the appearance and features...

mhouck

Passed Driver's Ed

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That looks so bad ass. I love the look of these cars with a roof rack. Yakima roof rack and a couple of bikes are definitely on my short list of things I need.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
DeAutoKey are error free. I have the brighter ones with the housing that I installed Thursday and have no error messages.

Oh ok, they're error free as well. They're definitely brighter than the less intense ones that I have, as the name would suggest.

I ordered a set of $15 full housing ones from eBay, for fun. These will need to be coded to clear the error. But I am interested to see how much brighter they are. I don't necessarily want them brighter, just curious. There is another recent thread on this. I will post a side by side pic there, when I get them.

That said, and not saying that you need to, but if you ever want to dial down the brightness you can do so with VCDS.

You're likely already aware. The LED plate bulbs certainly is one of the touchy subjects on here. Lol

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I figure the brighter ones make my car more visible to other drivers behind me. Not a bad thing with all the distracted drivers out there. As far as cops go when they pull you over even the dim lights are easily read when they pull you over.

triharderken

Ready to race!
I broke my driver's side IC charge pipe by trying to move it out of the way when installing my TMD. I'm at my brother's house and didn't have my tools. I'm so pissed. And now I can't drive it and will have to get a new plastic POS OEM pipe or spend $300 on a set of unnecessary aftermarket ones for my stock IC. Gahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Details, please!

I think I can't give any of the details, because it would increase MIB2 theft, and no-one would want a situation like with the RNS510's that made the Golf the most wanted car for crooks :mad:

How much did it ending costing you on the swap? Where did u get the unit and the head display? Am very interested

I got an Audi TT unit on Ebay. Display is identical to my MIB1 screen, so I didn't need to replace that.

Last edited:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Installed OEM Euro B8 Passat led door entry puddle lights front and rear. P/N 3G0 947 411

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
I broke my driver's side IC charge pipe by trying to move it out of the way when installing my TMD. I'm at my brother's house and didn't have my tools. I'm so pissed. And now I can't drive it and will have to get a new plastic POS OEM pipe or spend $300 on a set of unnecessary aftermarket ones for my stock IC. Gahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Dayum, two FUBARs on two Eurocode TMD installs. :eek:

I have one to put in soon too, fingers and eyes crossed for success.

FWIW, Modded Euros still has the CTS pipe kit on sale.