GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

cal45

Ready to race!
How long does the rejex last?

Bottle says to apply it every 6 months - I only did it once a year.
I do use a either a California Duster or wet shami to wipe it down as I keep it clean and try to not let any build up occur.

If the car starts loosing that wax feel when you slide your hand down the fender, I will then give it a once over with Maquire's Quick Detail spray and it looks freshly waxed. I had used this on a black and dark blue cars over the last few years and my routine worked well.....I suspect white/Oryx will hold up great.....it pays to have a garage plus here in FL, never see any salty/slushy roads. ;)

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Installed the ECS Tuning engine and transmission mounts. I might have to remove the 034 dog bone insert now. :D

jmargaretis

Go Kart Champion

Cale262

Ready to race!
S'more bracing to keep things tight, Unibrace kit is complete... Strut towers are all that remains and a cage maybe tied in sometime in the near future :)

Last edited:

Cale262

Ready to race!
First off, your car looks superb, I really enjoyed reading through the thread on Vortex.
What struck me more though, was your courage, determination and strength displayed to overcome a tragic setback.

Stay strong and keep giving all.

Thanks for the props and well wishes! And thank you!

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. Front sway bar or front strut tower brace? I'm sure you know what they are :) but most people don't change the FSB until later in the suspension mod game. I'd love to hear how you like the FSB.

Front Sway bar. I'm running the h&r 26mm front and 24 rear. I like the car a lot better with both versus only the rear. It cut roll tremendously and sharpened up the steering feel. There's no real problem with understeer-- just better balance now. The VAQ can still work its magic when needed.

triharderken

Ready to race!
Front Sway bar. I'm running the h&r 26mm front and 24 rear. I like the car a lot better with both versus only the rear. It cut roll tremendously and sharpened up the steering feel. There's no real problem with understeer-- just better balance now. The VAQ can still work its magic when needed.

Hmmmmmmm I like what I'm reading. Have you taken it to the track or plan to?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
S'more bracing to keep things tight, Unibrace kit is complete... Strut towers are all that remains and a cage maybe tied in sometime in the near future :)

Did you have any issues with the XBQ?
If not then I am envious.
It looks like I installed mine too high.
I did not see a place to bolt on to if the brace was below the hatch plastic shelf supports. I also found the anchor surface so far behind the carpet. More than I thought it might be.

dgreger13

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did the JB1 to JB4 upgrade today. Install wasn't hard at all, and very impressed with it so far. So much more linear than the JB1. Can't wait to get into Map 6 soon.

Mountain

I replaced the shifter linkage bushings and removed the clutch bleeder-valve restrictor dealidabber.

It feels normal now.

Thanks to folks here for making the search for "how am I shifting so shitty?" so damn easy.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Nice and clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk