GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
What number is your 944? I picked up an 83 a few months ago. It's #2106. Should be the last 4 digits in the vin :)

Beautiful! Love the white with those wheels.

When I said early I meant early type gen 1. Lol and Well here's where it gets interesting... Last 4 of my vin is #5857. However Only 5,506 were made for the U.S. ROW got 9,127. My vin also has the letter which designates this car as a non US 944. Kinda crazy... :confused:

It also has some weird things such as the skinny black trim that you see running along the side. Yours is thick rounded and body colored. Mine is skinny and black. Apparently "pilot cars" were fitted with this type of trim, (aka test mules) as well as very early production 83's. But from my vin, my car is not a very early production. There's also no option tags whatsoever in the trunk. No residue, no evidence whatsoever that there was ever an option tag. It's weird!

944 = LOVE

We got a little 944 fan club in here. Lol

dasgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Beautiful! Love the white with those wheels.

When I said early I meant early type gen 1. Lol and Well here's where it gets interesting... Last 4 of my vin is #5857. However Only 5,506 were made for the U.S. ROW got 9,127. My vin also has the letter which designates this car as a non US 944. Kinda crazy... :confused:

It also has some weird things such as the skinny black trim that you see running along the side. Yours is thick rounded and body colored. Mine is skinny and black. Apparently "pilot cars" were fitted with this type of trim, (aka test mules) as well as very early production 83's. But from my vin, my car is not a very early production. There's also no option tags whatsoever in the trunk. No residue, no evidence whatsoever that there was ever an option tag. It's weird!

We got a little 944 fan club in here. Lol

Wow that's awesome man, looks like you got something special!! I love driving these cars not just because it's rwd and all but it's from an era that modern time has lost. You really have to drive them.

Apparently mine has some special sport seats, sport suspension, and special door script cards. I could care less but the porsche guys are getting all wet over her haha!

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Wow that's awesome man, looks like you got something special!! I love driving these cars not just because it's rwd and all but it's from an era that modern time has lost. You really have to drive them.

Apparently mine has some special sport seats, sport suspension, and special door script cards. I could care less but the porsche guys are getting all wet over her haha!

Oh you got the bigger sway bars option! That is cool man! The door scripts are a rare option as well. That's really neat. :) I wonder what the seats are like. Any pics? I totally know what you mean. Its by no means fast, it's not a crazy driving experience. It's just raw, simple, and connected. And the motor sounds amazing. Nothing feels weird, or numb. It's just extremely satisfying. And our 83's are arguably the best year since they're the lightest, simplest electronics wise, and we get that beautiful manual steering rack.

I think we needs to start a 944 thread in the car lounge. Lol

mbmb

Passed Driver's Ed
Accelerated away from a light while my daughter was trying to change stations on the radio. Laughed maniacally.

BB-BABS

Just plasti-dipped the side view mirrors gloss black. Later this week going to vinyl wrap the roof of the car black (beyond the part already black at the sunroof). Looks even better then I expected.

Last edited:

dasgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Oh you got the bigger sway bars option! That is cool man! The door scripts are a rare option as well. That's really neat. :) I wonder what the seats are like. Any pics? I totally know what you mean. Its by no means fast, it's not a crazy driving experience. It's just raw, simple, and connected. And the motor sounds amazing. Nothing feels weird, or numb. It's just extremely satisfying. And our 83's are arguably the best year since they're the lightest, simplest electronics wise, and we get that beautiful manual steering rack.

I think we needs to start a 944 thread in the car lounge. Lol

Yeah man!!!! Start one up I'll post some interior pics. I started one earlier today on vortex but sometimes ppl can get a little crazy over there.