GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

cb1111

The hardcore neighborhood detailer I used to use swore by CG stuff. I've never heard anyone complain about its cost, but have heard plenty of positive comments about its quality.
Actually, buying quality stuff is far cheaper that buying cheap stuff at Autozone, not liking it and tossing it away.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed

I got myself a rubber fetish thing going on...!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigdave79

Ready to race!
Thanks guys.

Congrats. Time for a minivan!
Congrats! Double trouble! I see a Tiguan in your future...
Or an Atlas [emoji2] My wife and I brought home our first son in December, and you’re spot on - I think I got close to 40mpg on the drive home!

Actually wife already has an Infiniti QX60 so that 7 seater should keep us going for a bit. Definitely see a minivan in our future though.
Man!! 2 huh.. congrats... kiss sleeping at night and free time goodbye.. j/k

Exactly. Got some small mods coming in soon but no idea when I'll do them. Especially when we already have a 5 year old and 3 year old at home as well!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
The sound is just what I was looking for. Not too aggressive. Very deep tones at cold start/idle, comes a bit more alive when you open up the throttle. I have a DSG transmission, so the "DSG Farts" are accentuated a bit. No obnoxious drone at highway speeds. Can finally hear my car vs listening to my car through Soundaktor.

Performance-wise, I can tell a difference in throttle response, and seem to have a bit more power/torque at lower RPMs. Could be my imagination, because, you know, it damn well deliver some power for the money I spent, so I will create the power in my head.. :) It did seem to wake up my APR intake, because I can definitely hear it sucking on more air than before. Bottom line is, after the massive power gains from a stage 1 tuning, it is kind of hard to detect the small gains made from mechanical mods like cat-back exhaust and cold-air intakes. Eventually, when I move to Stage 2 tuning and install a downpipe, I think that's when all my minor mods will come together and really work as a team.

Near future I will install some Neuspeed sport springs that will lower the car about 1", and that's about it until Stage 2 tuning happens.

Sorry I cant put any pics up, IPhone having issues and can not download Tapatalk. If you want good pics and some audio files of the Neuspeed cat-back system, go to their website, has some good pics of the product!

Nice! Just watched some clips of the Neuspeed cbe. It sounds exactly what I've been looking for. I like the remus cbe as well but I prefer the look of the neuspeed-- quad tips are over the top on a golf imo. But it is not cheap that's for sure.

Also listened to the neuspeed cbe + dp. Too bad the dp ruins that nice sound. I really want the added performance from a dp but they all sound like crap to me.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I have tomorrow off, so the plan is to drive to my tire shop to have the repair my the leak in my L/R tire. Then I plan to drive to my exhaust shop and see if they can't do a muffler delete with twin pipes for me. I'll ask them to install it with a clamp so reverting to the stock muffler or the CSS muffler won't be an issue (that is if I ever get a CSS muffler).

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Installed front mud guards! Waiting to figure out the rear valance before ordering rears...

MK7Knight

Nice! Just watched some clips of the Neuspeed cbe. It sounds exactly what I've been looking for. I like the remus cbe as well but I prefer the look of the neuspeed-- quad tips are over the top on a golf imo. But it is not cheap that's for sure.

Also listened to the neuspeed cbe + dp. Too bad the dp ruins that nice sound. I really want the added performance from a dp but they all sound like crap to me.

I was choosing between the Remus system and the Neuspeed system. Eliminated the Remus due to cost, and also because I thought the quad pipes on a GTI were a bit over the top as well. Plus, the Remus system didn't sound as nice as the Neuspeed.

There was a Neuspeed equipped GTI in the shop with a downpipe, and I didn't think it sounded that bad. Check out the FSTuning Orlando website, they have some pretty cool Race equipped GTIs and Mercedes. Good tuning shop!!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Got my MagnaFlow 12646 installed. Basically sounds stock now, which is what I wanted. I can actually hear my turbo for the first time, with the stock airbox+AFE filter, cool!

Will record clips in 500 miles after break in.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Got my MagnaFlow 12646 installed. Basically sounds stock now, which is what I wanted. I can actually hear my turbo for the first time, with the stock airbox+AFE filter, cool!

Will record clips in 500 miles after break in.

Dang it's already rusting? [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
Installed a Superpro 24mm rear sway bar with their links on my R with DCC.

It's a nice refinement to the handling. Feels more neutral and body lean is reduced. Imagine......a mod that works like it's supposed to.:eek:

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Got Firestone Indy 500s installed!