GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
35% tint all around. Not as dark as I'd like but it'll do. Thanks Maryland......

Why would you want to go any darker? 35% will provide all the UV blocking and interior cooling you need and then some. It's legal so you won't have to rip it off at some point.

Any darker and all you would do is hide your mug from the outside world looking in. Super-dark limo tint doesn't make any car any more fashionable IMHO. Car looks great, be happy.

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
Why would you want to go any darker? 35% will provide all the UV blocking and interior cooling you need and then some. It's legal so you won't have to rip it off at some point.

Any darker and all you would do is hide your mug from the outside world looking in. Super-dark limo tint doesn't make any car any more fashionable IMHO. Car looks great, be happy.
Not a fan of jet black limo tint but I'd like it to be a little darker. The angles in the pics make it look darker than it is in person I think. 35% is just a tad too light. I think 25 or 20% would be perfect. Went legal limit though cause like you said, no one needs those legal troubles

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
Not a fan of jet black limo tint but I'd like it to be a little darker. The angles in the pics make it look darker than it is in person I think. 35% is just a tad too light. I think 25 or 20% would be perfect. Went legal limit though cause like you said, no one needs those legal troubles

I had 20% on my last car, and it was too dark. You can't see when you are making turns in the dark. Looking for pedestrians in a dark neighborhood... 35% tint is fine

Raegar

Ready to race!
I built an Android Auto app, for people without Performance Monitor :)

More info and beta version will be out soon!
That is pretty impressive, I like it!

I have the monitor myself, but that looks pretty damn nice! Kudos

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
I had 20% on my last car, and it was too dark. You can't see when you are making turns in the dark. Looking for pedestrians in a dark neighborhood... 35% tint is fine
Yeah yeah I know, still love how much it cleans up the exterior. Just getting some tint already has me itching to do something else lol [emoji16]

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
app looks awesome! does it use a bluetooth OBD dongle?

rnam488

Ready to race!
35% tint all around. Not as dark as I'd like but it'll do. Thanks Maryland......

As a fellow Marylander, I used to wish we had more lenient tint laws. A few years later, I actually prefer 35% to darker tints as I think it looks a little better and more refined than blacked out limo tints. Plus the windows already have some tint from the factory.

Also, if I had limo tints, other drivers wouldn't be able to see me give them the disappointed thumbs down when they do something stupid :rolleyes:

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Thanks. Making money is not the goal, this is going to be free for all.

Nice, would love to try this out.
I'm currently using Torque with OBD2AA on Android Auto, but this seems like a nice alternative.
Does this show the actual vac/boost or is it the same as what shows on the performance monitor?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Nice, would love to try this out.
I'm currently using Torque with OBD2AA on Android Auto, but this seems like a nice alternative.
Does this show the actual vac/boost or is it the same as what shows on the performance monitor?

There are 2 data elements available: absChargingAirPressure and relChargingAirPressure. I didn't compare them (my engine does not supply this data), but I guess the same input is used for the OEM performance monitor.

XoneDB4

Ready to race!
Fitted OEM black mirror caps

A Pitaka magnetic wireless charging mount on a mk7 specific Brodit ProClip (which I highly recommend for iPhone X owners if you buy the accompanying case). It’s currently plugged into the 12V socket but I’m going to hardwire it in through the back of the storage tray.

And the Audi coat hanger on the back of the driver’s seat.

Now I just need to get her washed...