GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Not a mk7, or mine, but this mod is on point [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meh. Wrong forum/thread. Belongs over here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=5914171

[emoji14]

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
On 6/30/14 VW switched suppliers from valeo to hella for our headlight housings. My car and my wife's golf which are both early 2014 builds had what looked to be spider web like cracks on the inside of the lenses, her car much worse than mine.

We have a '15 Golf TDI with xenon (buyback date 4/20 so not for much longer) in addition to my R. Her TDI lights are Hella, mine are Valeo. Hers have a much sharper cutoff and better light distribution uniformity - as if they are more focused than mine. I've read other complaints about Valeo QC not being up to snuff vs Hella. Your experience is yet another example.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Black California legacy plates *finally* came in after 4 months. Looks so much better on CSG than white plates.

Attachments

• 4ZB WDYU.jpg
    4ZB WDYU.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 853

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Black California legacy plates *finally* came in after 4 months. Looks so much better on CSG than white plates.

Yeah, I ordered mine in August of last year, they didn't arrive until mid December. I was nearly ready to file a chargeback as no one could tell me what the status was, but upon my return from OC, I saw the notice that told me to come down and exchange them. I really like the way it looks on CSG and of course, Oryx. Glad you finally got them in brotatoe!

Just a guess but does your license plate have anything to do with the force being with you?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

4 MONTHS? Apparently California DMV is just as FUBAR as it always was! What happened, did the inmates at San Quentin doing the stamping join a union or something? Moonbeam would probably approve of that idea.

What's the deal with the black plates - $50 + $50/year? Or what do they cost? 4 months is ridiculous, especially when you're paying extra for them.

I still have the "sunset" white plate from my '83 GTI. They came out right after I bought the car in late '82. You could take your blue plates to a DMV office and swap them for the new ones for $5. I got one of the very earliest plates - 2AAA210. I only have the original front plate and as such it's not in great shape, but still a cool souvenir from the era.

EDIT: here 'tis after all these years...

Last edited:

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I know our cars are meant for driving but that far would make me cringe to look at the aftermath. I own a Pure White GTI myself.

STANDARD H

Ready to race!
Yeah, I ordered mine in August of last year, they didn't arrive until mid December. I was nearly ready to file a chargeback as no one could tell me what the status was, but upon my return from OC, I saw the notice that told me to come down and exchange them. I really like the way it looks on CSG and of course, Oryx. Glad you finally got them in brotatoe!

Just a guess but does your license plate have anything to do with the force being with you?

I ordered mine Dec 17th? 20th maybe? Yeah, still don't have them. Hopefully soon!