GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Giuseppe Busso

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon mk3 1.8 FR
Today we can say that I am officially 1.8 IS38.
Before some hours I got my car from the garage. It was at my mechanic's hands for 10 days.
- IS38 installation
- Custom 6 pad flywheel disc
- Gearbox (02S) "surgery" and changing the bearings

Now I have to do 1K kms with the new disc and then I can push hard.

20240401_134759961_iOS.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Received my AliExpress DSG LED shift knob. OEM knob was a bit worn and wanted to try something different. Most frustrating thing is I dropped my pliers and put a gouge in my selector trim. Will bother me to no end.

View attachment 301814

Grab one of these.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802307859375.html

Don't need double PRNDS.

1712003709920.png

Do you like it? It looks like a short bus lever.

Can confirm they're normal DSG shift selector sized. (ignore the mess, old pic)

1712003803544.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Out with the new and in with the old, back to manual HVAC controls. Too many issues (for my liking) with the the partial climatronic retrofit.
Soliloquy here... https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...instructions-and-pictures.379148/post-8047055

View attachment 301832

Hook me up with the Linux based LCD climatronic controls.

But yeah. The partial retrofit if you just do the two sensor method (although, I wouldn't put it past you to retrofit the actual ducting) is very jank.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Hook me up with the Linux based LCD climatronic controls.

But yeah. The partial retrofit if you just do the two sensor method (although, I wouldn't put it past you to retrofit the actual ducting) is very jank.
So can that aliexpress digital screen one with with a regular manual climate car and just not have the climatronics function?

I just want that one for the screen look and as long as it turns on and off heat and cool and adjust my blower speed I’m good with it

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
No idea,

It's on my bookmarked list of "things to also buy when you finally decide to grow a pair and get that big turbo"

One day..........
It will be a big cost for you - because your clutch most likely won't hold. Grab a used IS38 and a tune for $100 and give'er. Jonny will knock it out for you for a gentle hand job, most likely.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So can that aliexpress digital screen one with with a regular manual climate car and just not have the climatronics function?

I just want that one for the screen look and as long as it turns on and off heat and cool and adjust my blower speed I’m good with it

I'd imagine it'll have some issues, because it's made for the dual zone setup. The same as putting in the regular or capacitive panel. Just more fancy.