GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WeatherTech Accessories for MK7

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I see that WeatherTech makes a "Trunk Liner" for the Mk7 at https://www.weathertech.com/volkswagen/2017/golf/cargo-liner/

Has anyone bought one of these? The website is confusing because it warns that the "liner is designed to fit when cargo tray is in lowered position", yet the website also shows photos of the Liner installed with the trunk tray in both Low and High positions. I've contacted them for clarification, so we'll see.
The product is also available with an optional bumper protector that rolls in and out to cover the bumper when using the trunk.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
They have 4 (2 without bumper covers and 2 with) different types of trays. 2 meant to fit when it is in the lower position, and two meant to fit when it is in the normal position.

As you click on each picture, the description changes depending how the cargo tray is supposed to be. The part number also changes.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
Delete

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
not what you asked but here is a hint: when you find the part # Google Search I found mine on Amazon (Floor mats) $20-30 less than through WT

wbw

Ready to race!
I'm trying to decide between the VW mats that have 'GTI' on them, or go with the Weathertech rubber mats. I have Weathertech in my other car and really like them.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I have the WeatherTech floor mats, but decided against the trunk liner. Instead, I decided to buy the VW trunk liner because it is designed to fit in the raised AND lowered position.

Panhead48

Passed Driver's Ed
Mats

I just bought a 2016 GTI from a dealer in Maryland. He threw in the Rubber GTI mats, the carpet mats, and the VW rear mat. I am real happy with all of these mats.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Very helpful information y'all. Per BravoMike, I think I'll instead shop for the VW liner as it will fit regardless of the floor position.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Very helpful information y'all. Per BravoMike, I think I'll instead shop for the VW liner as it will fit regardless of the floor position.

I will say the 3D MAXpider mats are much better then the OEM monster mats. My car came with the monster mats, but I bought the 3D ones and have quite enjoyed them versus the monster mats which would grip and trap my shoes strangly.

Simply vacuum and wipe with a damp rag to clean them. The lip helps hold in liquids and water caused by rain, snow and spills.

https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-...081&sr=1-3&keywords=3d+maxpider+a3+floor+mats

Subito

Ready to race!
I will say the 3D MAXpider mats are much better then the OEM monster mats. My car came with the monster mats, but I bought the 3D ones and have quite enjoyed them versus the monster mats which would grip and trap my shoes strangly.

Simply vacuum and wipe with a damp rag to clean them. The lip helps hold in liquids and water caused by rain, snow and spills.

https://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-...081&sr=1-3&keywords=3d+maxpider+a3+floor+mats

+1, the MAXpider liners are superb.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Agree the MAXpider’s are good but I prefer the Weathertech’s for texture and fit.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I have the WT's and looking at Max they cover more of the dead pedal......the Rubber Monster mats were useless for the driver stopped real short in the front. I also have the VW cargo mat that came with the blocks....carpeted on top some type of rubber underneath. Seems decent not spectacular. I got a bunch stuff thrown in as I negotiated on-line and then the dealer said he didn't know it was on the car..not sure but pleased with my purchase price anyways.

also do a quick search on Craigs. There was a set of WT's I was going to get for $60 but a deal for wheels fell through and the savings wasn't worth the drive for just mats. They are floor mats a good thing to get used.