GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Warranty work by Ford.....fail

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Sadly both my local Ford dealership and VW dealership sucked at solving problems. I want another mustang real bad but the horrible service experience keeps me from buying one.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
DIY amigo.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
DIY amigo.

Not everyone is experienced enough to disassemble the interior of their car to pinpoint a leak. I agree that DIY would be the best option but you SHOULD be able to trust the manufacturer/dealer to fix a defect after you spent so much $$ on said product.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
DIY amigo.

That's kind of what I am tired of. What is the point of purchasing a new vehicle with a warranty when I have to fix stuff myself? On the flip side, purchasing used and out of warranty hasn't served me well either because I always end up dumping a bunch of money into the vehicle before getting frustrated and selling it.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
You need somebody to go car shopping with you. I've had the same bad luck at dealers and great success when I turn the wrenches. Warranty is short lived, I like them about 3 years old with the bugs sorted out.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
This car is leased. I get employee ford pricing from work and with available rebates at the time I leased this car for about $15k below Msrp price. Diller just sucks, but they had the car for over two weeks and looks like they fixed the leak and fixed/cleaned the patch up jobs. Also, Ford is picking up my last 5 monthly payments. No, I don't need help with car shopping.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Diy and loose your warranty? I have no problem fixing anything if I had to, but this is a warranty issue not for me to dick around in the garage.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Lol I'm glad Ford helped you out. My wife and I have given up on them, every salesman we encounter there is an idiot. I just don't have any patience for incompetence.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I haven't had a great experience with my local ford dealer. When I was looking for a car, almost 2 years ago, I was going to get the Focus ST. I was trying to pay MSRP for the car and they wouldn't have it. They want me to pay over sticker for the car...wut? Great salesman skills.

Couple month ago my gf was looking to buy a vehicle, and was looking at an Escape. Went to the same Ford dealer, just to look, and nobody even came over to greet us or kick us off their property...nothing. We came back later with her father, and BAM, couple thousand salesmen surround us. Mind you I'm 28 and she is just a bit younger. We are not teenagers here. I have had a shitty experiences with my local Ford dealer and that's why I'm in a VW right now.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
Only reason I lease fords or gm, is the employee pricing through my work. Usually I'll wait for the best rebates available and get the car. Keep the car for about 2 years and trade it in and get my money back. So I switch between ford and gm every two years.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Not sure how you lease it and get money back but those discounts are the only way I'd step foot on their lot. Nice to have a hookup!

My buddy has a ford, and has had nothing but good experiences according to him down here. Not sure if it's limited to dealers, but he's not had to reach out to Ford for any problems regarding warranty service, or dealer-caused issues. Not nearly as much as I have with VWOA and my VW dealers.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
My 2016 Fusion work car is really nice actually - I was really surprised by it. It's got zero performance but it drives like its on a cloud and it's comfortable enough to sit in for extended periods of time. I've had to take it in to the dealer near my place one time for warranty work (the transmission is pretty weird, it lurches and it seems to disconnect when you put it in reverse) and it was a pleasant experience, the dealer was nice and everyone was professional and the tech brought me to the opened up transmission to show me the problem - I was impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk