GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR Springs and Aftermarket Shocks

njavier03

Ready to race!
I know there are a bunch of threads on here regarding VWR springs, and most people retain their stock shocks/struts. However, there isn't much information about what aftermarket shocks/struts pair well with these springs. Considering the majority of MK7 owners have gone with these springs, if they've lowered their car, I'd like to condense all the aftermarket shock/strut pairings into one thread. Hopefully, this helps someone out and we can get a good amount of feedback!

njavier03

Ready to race!
Koni Yellows would pair well

Is that what you're running? No offense, but I'm trying to have people post real experience with VWR springs and aftermarket shock/strut pairings. There aren't that many options to begin with, but maybe we can get a few people that have tried a couple.

Bilstein B8s
Bilstein Sports
Koni FSD
Koni Yellows

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Is that what you're running? No offense, but I'm trying to have people post real experience with VWR springs and aftermarket shock/strut pairings. There aren't that many options to begin with, but maybe we can get a few people that have tried a couple.

Bilstein B8s
Bilstein Sports
Koni FSD
Koni Yellows

Not now

But I had Koni Yellows with Eibach Sportlines (much more aggressive spring than VWR) on my MK6 ....and it rode like a dream

If Yellows can handle those springs......VWR should be no problem

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
fixed that for you ;)

And what he means is friends don't let friends buy FSDs. Unless you don't care about handling, then it could be an interesting shock to try.

I'll repeat what I believe to be true about Str.Ts as well, that they are valved similar/equal to Koni Sports/Yellows at their lowest setting. Used them on my last car and they were a great budget shock.