GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR lowering shocks and struts creaking noise

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
I have VWR sport lowering shocks and VWR struts on my 2015 GTI Autobahn. New strut mounts were installed when I did the changeover. I drive a lot of bumpy and hilly one lane roads out in the country. I often get a distinct squeaking noise from the front and sometimes the back mostly when driving at speed on hilly “mogul” type stretches. Anyone have a similar experience might know the reason why this is happening and possible fix?

Rix337

Running the same springs but with Koni adjustables for 3 yrs, no noise. I did have an issue with the oem mounts making noise on slow speed turns, but swapped them for HD ones from 034 and have no noise whatsoever now.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Running the same springs but with Koni adjustables for 3 yrs, no noise. I did have an issue with the oem mounts making noise on slow speed turns, but swapped them for HD ones from 034 and have no noise whatsoever now.

Very interesting. I have been hearing the opposite regarding OEM vs. 034 strut mounts. People say 034 are noisy, and reverting back to OEM gets rid of the noise.