GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video of camber plate noise -- is this normal?

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
I have the same noise as you. I'm currently on ST X coilovers and Integrated Engineering camber plates. The right side makes the most noise than the left.

So OP, by opening up the top part of the chassis where the top hats sits, it made the noise go away?

funks

Ready to race!
BTW, Ground Control includes Blue Loctite as well for the strut nut (supposed to loctite it). I have their Ground Control camber plates and they work great, just wish the *nut* they include for stock struts was taller / deeper so that it's substantially threaded in there. Right now, seems like there's only only 1/4->3/8 inch of vertical thread engagement in there. There's still quite a bit of void / space before the nut can bottom out (they have available space)

Regarding the OP's problem, not sure if GC modified the design but the strut stem sits flush with the nut (nothing sticking out), and there's a good bit of space / gap between the nut and the frame.

Last edited:

C vinson

Sorry for the delay...

It has been a while since I did this work, but I believe that the top nut was touching the side of the OEM opening on one side. The vibration/movement kept loosening the nut on that side. It would take a few weeks before this happened.

With the enlarged opening, the plates have not needed tightening. This is after a year of driving and 15+ track days.