GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video: MK7 vs MK6 APR stage 1

gtiw7

Ready to race!
hello fellow Mark 7ers

there is no doubt that on paper a MK7 is lighter, more powerful & has much more torque than its predecessor...​

people were wondering by how much it is faster in real life?​

I suppose you have alreading watched the stock vs stock video​

for those who missed it Have a look at it here

well, that was long time ago! since then mk6 got an APR Stage 1 tune along with full carbonio intake stage 1+2 which made quite a good gains and I strongly recommend the upgrade for anyone who still has a stock mk6

meeh you've read enough already! I'll just cut it straight to the new video​

Stock MK7 vs APR stage 1 MK6

Note: this is the standard 220hp MK7 GTI without performance package... read video description

iAmLodi

Ready to race!
Now you have to find a mk7 with pp. Will also be interesting to see when your buddy takes his mk7 to stg 1...

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Now you have to find a mk7 with pp. Will also be interesting to see when your buddy takes his mk7 to stg 1...

that's actually my mk7 vs my buddy's mk6 :eek:
I haven't driven a pp gti, but I personally don't think 10hp would make much of a difference in terms of straight line performance especially in a rolling start. on a track though performance package should turn the tables!

hmm imo mk6 with whatever mods on ko3 would stand no chance against a stage 1 mk7. APR started to tease us with numbers now! they've just mentioned on their facebook page that they got more than 300hp out from this engine with a mere tune :eek: they've also said they're not done yet :confused:

iAmLodi

Ready to race!
^ yeah! sounds like these mk7's could turn out to be some real power makers. Can't wait to see what the tuners can pull out of the new R as well.

Nice car by the way. Sorry for the confusion.