GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS how to code fog lights to flash with turn signals ?

jackalope

Ready to race!
I have coded my fog lights to be on with DRL and covered them with Lamin-X amber film. I think it does a great job increasing the visibility of the front of the car. But I noticed that the turn signals are barely visible in direct sun, even though I have DRLs to blink with the blinkers!

I tried coding my left fog light to Blinken Links Dunkelphase and it didn't work. I also tried Hellphase and it did nothing. Is it just not possible?

https://scontent-dfw5-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=cde1e4f0ddf08b2add63a7623b5619fc&oe=5DA00456

For reference this is how I coded my fogs as DRL:
Originally Posted by AZGTI View Post
Found it.

Fog lights with DRLs

09 - Central Electronics

Adaptation - 10

(5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichfunktion B 12 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

(5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichfunktion B 13 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Check the values of "Dimmwert CD 12" and "Dimming Direction CD 12" under your Leuchte12NL (and the respective ones under Leuchte13NL as well). Make sure they are "0" and "Minimize", respectively. I think by default, Dimming Direction is Maximize, which you don't want in your case.

Also, Dunkelphase should be the correct one.

jackalope

Ready to race!
Check the values of "Dimmwert CD 12" and "Dimming Direction CD 12" under your Leuchte12NL (and the respective ones under Leuchte13NL as well). Make sure they are "0" and "Minimize", respectively. I think by default, Dimming Direction is Maximize, which you don't want in your case.

Also, Dunkelphase should be the correct one.

Thanks, that worked! Whenever the fog lights are on, the turn signal causes the corresponding side to also blink off in unison and that happens whether the foglights are manually turned on by pulling the switch, or if they're coded to work with DRL