GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgraded Turbo Kit R Owners

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
not AMS. it's iroz motorsport that makes the IMS kits.
btw my buddy that has the apr stg 3+ kit in his R has done nothing except do an oil change on his car. car is dead reliable yet goes 10.81@128mph. thumbs up to APR

Asfa

Passed Driver's Ed
not AMS. it's iroz motorsport that makes the IMS kits.
btw my buddy that has the apr stg 3+ kit in his R has done nothing except do an oil change on his car. car is dead reliable yet goes 10.81@128mph. thumbs up to APR

Oh ok , I’m sorry for the confusion, I thought he did a typo and wrote IMS instead of AMS , regardless of that I think the AMS kit is the best in the market right now whenever they released to the public

R_MK7

Ready to race!
I plan on going with a bigger turbo in the future after I get bored with 2+

From what I’ve seen ims is making some of the nicest upgrades out right now and that is the route I plan to go. With that said for those on more of a budget and just wanting to break into the 10’s the APR 3+ kit seems to have most of the issues worked out now and from what I’ve seen puts down very consistent high 10’s

As a dsg owner I would be doing a upgrade there as well if and when I step up to a bigger turbo.

Some people are running stock engines some aren’t. One of the reasons I am waiting is to see what if any failures occur on the stock block so I can decide which internals will be worth upgrading. Both APR And IE offer options for engine upgrades.

USA

Ready to race!
I plan on going with a bigger turbo in the future after I get bored with 2+

From what I’ve seen ims is making some of the nicest upgrades out right now and that is the route I plan to go. With that said for those on more of a budget and just wanting to break into the 10’s the APR 3+ kit seems to have most of the issues worked out now and from what I’ve seen puts down very consistent high 10’s

As a dsg owner I would be doing a upgrade there as well if and when I step up to a bigger turbo.

Some people are running stock engines some aren’t. One of the reasons I am waiting is to see what if any failures occur on the stock block so I can decide which internals will be worth upgrading. Both APR And IE offer options for engine upgrades.
Thanks for this info. I have been reading and reading about turbo upgrade and the more I read the more worried I get. It is obvious that internals will need replacing. VW talked about internals were upgraded in the newer Rs but it does NOT seem to be enough. Need to call IE and ask if they supply block and I can send mine in when it is pulled out. APR does not and looks to be a 2 month process of car being down.

R_MK7

Ready to race!
Thanks for this info. I have been reading and reading about turbo upgrade and the more I read the more worried I get. It is obvious that internals will need replacing. VW talked about internals were upgraded in the newer Rs but it does NOT seem to be enough. Need to call IE and ask if they supply block and I can send mine in when it is pulled out. APR does not and looks to be a 2 month process of car being down.

Yea just depends how much risk you are willing to take. I always feel it’s better to spend a little bit more money up front as it will usually save you more down the line. At the least I would likely be doing valve springs, rods and pistons.

I think both APR and IE offer short blocks now which would allow for less downtime.

That’s all a little way out for me though. I am more than happy with 2+ for now :) My next upgrade will be dsg related to prep for making more power in the future.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I’d assume by now apr’s big turbo kit is sorted, initially their customers were putting down low numbers which pissed them off and they’re pricey, ims makes a hell of a kit but it’s 5500ish, cts’s kits are in the 3g range and is probably one of the best options if staying on stock block and head and are concerned about budget.

If you’re building to the moon, money’s no object, there are some big nasty kits out there.

USA

Ready to race!
Yea just depends how much risk you are willing to take. I always feel it’s better to spend a little bit more money up front as it will usually save you more down the line. At the least I would likely be doing valve springs, rods and pistons.

I think both APR and IE offer short blocks now which would allow for less downtime.

That’s all a little way out for me though. I am more than happy with 2+ for now :) My next upgrade will be dsg related to prep for making more power in the future.
Stage 2+? I wish some company would have at least 1 long block ready to ship. I would buy it today if parts checked out.

I’d like to see some numbers on the tomioka turbo. https://www.tomiokaracing.com/colle...cts/tr-ihx475-turbo-kit-for-vw-audi-mqb-ea888

It’s a really good price.
Uses stock waste gate?

I’d assume by now apr’s big turbo kit is sorted, initially their customers were putting down low numbers which pissed them off and they’re pricey, ims makes a hell of a kit but it’s 5500ish, cts’s kits are in the 3g range and is probably one of the best options if staying on stock block and head and are concerned about budget.

If you’re building to the moon, money’s no object, there are some big nasty kits out there.
Wheel Horse Power with this APR Turbo kit does seem low. I understand what they are doing. "Better safe than sorry" Doing quick math the $$$ looks like $20,000 APR long block and Turbo kit. I have $10,000-$11,000 right now.

R_MK7

Ready to race!
I refer to Stage 2 with an intercooler upgrade as 2+. Maybe that’s just me though haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I refer to Stage 2 with an intercooler upgrade as 2+. Maybe that’s just me though haha

I think it is bud lol. Think most assume a true stage 2 already has the intercooler, the plus comes from all the piping and inlet elbow, think that’s how our buds do that over the pond, but I could be wrong :) I always hated all the “stages” anyway, like tune, dp, intake and ic was that hard to type lol

R_MK7

Ready to race!
I think it is bud lol. Think most assume a true stage 2 already has the intercooler, the plus comes from all the piping and inlet elbow, think that’s how our buds do that over the pond, but I could be wrong :) I always hated all the “stages” anyway, like tune, dp, intake and ic was that hard to type lol

Probably lol Just seems to be the main difference I see when people go Stage 2. Full exhaust and intercooler aren’t required so a lot of people who go Stage 2 don’t bother. So I just use it as a way to differentiate. Maybe it’ll catch on haha

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Probably lol Just seems to be the main difference I see when people go Stage 2. Full exhaust and intercooler aren’t required so a lot of people who go Stage 2 don’t bother. So I just use it as a way to differentiate. Maybe it’ll catch on haha

Gotchya bud, I always think of people running a “stage 2” software without an intercooler as not a true stage 2, seeing as all the manufacturers horsepower claims are with an intercooler. But that’s just my way of differentiating it also in my mind lol