GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UK modifications insurance companies?

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Hi guys, my insurance is coming up for renewal on the 13th October.
I'm currently with elephant who are aware of my (albeit minor) modifications and are at present not a bad price but my renewal price has come back via email today and has gone up almost £200 despite no claims or any convictions or significant changes.

Anyway, I've just been on the phone to Adrian flux and they were fairly competitive. Can anyone else give me some modifications insurance companies or normal ones that will allow mods?

The onto mods that I have at the minute are: uprated discs, aftermarket backbox. But I am looking to get a remap if said insurance company will allow.
Thanks in advance

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi guys, my insurance is coming up for renewal on the 13th October.
I'm currently with elephant who are aware of my (albeit minor) modifications and are at present not a bad price but my renewal price has come back via email today and has gone up almost £200 despite no claims or any convictions or significant changes.

Anyway, I've just been on the phone to Adrian flux and they were fairly competitive. Can anyone else give me some modifications insurance companies or normal ones that will allow mods?

The onto mods that I have at the minute are: uprated discs, aftermarket backbox. But I am looking to get a remap if said insurance company will allow.
Thanks in advance

Are Elephant another subsidiary of Admiral? Just ring up and complain that your renewal has gone up and they'll drop it.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Renewals are always more expensive as they prey on the lazy people that just accept it. My friend drives a 1.4l Renault Kangoo and he has done the auto renew for the last 4 years.

He was paying £700 a year fully comp!!! As a new customer on their website it was £156 for exactly the same cover. Adrian Flux was £150, safe to say he will be going there next time for a quote even though I told him even with the cancellation fee he would get over £300 back.

I have found them the cheapest and I am currently with Equity Red Star through them.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Are Elephant another subsidiary of Admiral? Just ring up and complain that your renewal has gone up and they'll drop it.

They are yeah, I'll have a speak with them shortly and see what they say

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Wow, I doubt any U.S. company will lower premium costs if you complain.

U.S. companies also take into consideration credit ratings and claims against a particular make/model. So even if you never put in a claim, others driving GTI's can cost everyone more.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Wow, I doubt any U.S. company will lower premium costs if you complain.

U.S. companies also take into consideration credit ratings and claims against a particular make/model. So even if you never put in a claim, others driving GTI's can cost everyone more.

Not sure what it's like over the pond, but here our insurance companies religiously load premiums at renewal time for no apparent reason, and typically you can just ring them up and they'll do something about it, especially if you've had a better quote elsewhere.

They prey on the stupid and the lazy - there's talk of premium loading at renewal being outlawed, though.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
RAdrian Flux was £150, safe to say he will be going there next time for a quote even though I told him even with the cancellation fee he would get over £300 back.

I have found them the cheapest and I am currently with Equity Red Star through them.

I found Adrian flux to be £300 more expensive than my long term insurer..Aviva…& that's with all mods declared...aftermarket alloys, & big brakes..

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Almost nay service that requires a renewal or auto renewal will try to creep up fees and additional costs yearly if you are not watching them, but the price creep stated above is ridiculous.