GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Travel Link and Traffic

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I just realized that my free trial of 3 months has ended for Sirus XM radio, and I also found out that the "info" button menus were all greyed out due to the end of subscription.
I called my dealer and asked how long was my travel and traffic trial, and they told me it's only for 3 months for all Travel Link, Traffic, and XM radio.
I thought that we got 4 years of traffic with the car, but I guess I was wrong.

MDLBC

Ready to race!
I just realized that my free trial of 3 months has ended for Sirus XM radio, and I also found out that the "info" button menus were all greyed out due to the end of subscription.
I called my dealer and asked how long was my travel and traffic trial, and they told me it's only for 3 months for all Travel Link, Traffic, and XM radio.

Just 3 months for my 17 R. I extended another 6 months with a promo for $50. After that I will subscribe to traffic only which I did in my Acura. I use it all the time as there multiple routes I can take home and prefer not to use the data plan on my phone for Waze or Google Maps.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie

My 16 R came with 5 years traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
My 17R has Google Maps and Waze through Android Auto and has unlimited traffic.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Misshe11

Passed Driver's Ed
OK I just bought a lightly used 17 R and saw the brochure for the SiriusXM? If the previous owner never used that, would I be able to get the 3 months trial now that I own the car? Is it worth it?

And Is the Apple Car Play update-able to include Waze? That would be so much better than Apple Maps which still has be driving into Lake Michigan on a regular basis...

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
OK I just bought a lightly used 17 R and saw the brochure for the SiriusXM? If the previous owner never used that, would I be able to get the 3 months trial now that I own the car? Is it worth it?

And Is the Apple Car Play update-able to include Waze? That would be so much better than Apple Maps which still has be driving into Lake Michigan on a regular basis...

No. Trial starts immediately as it comes off the lot. And no as of now apple does not have in there CarPlay API map support

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
No. Trial starts immediately as it comes off the lot.

TP, once again you are a fountain of misinformation.

Your car came with 4 years of free traffic if's it's a '16, not 5.

The Sirius trial can be reinstated if the car is resold. Either the dealer can do it, or the new owner can simply call Sirius and give them the radio code number and they'll happily turn it on.

PRE-OWNED VEHICLES
Factory Installed:
Refresh the radio 48 hours after the vehicle is placed into inventory, or any time prior to delivery. The Demo Service will transition seamlessly into the 3-month All Access Trial Subscription, which will automatically start after a sold record is received.

https://www.siriusxmdealer.com/dealer-resources/volkswagen

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
TP, once again you are a fountain of misinformation.

Your car came with 4 years of free traffic if's it's a '16, not 5.

The Sirius trial can be reinstated if the car is resold. Either the dealer can do it, or the new owner can simply call Sirius and give them the radio code number and they'll happily turn it on.

PRE-OWNED VEHICLES
Factory Installed:
Refresh the radio 48 hours after the vehicle is placed into inventory, or any time prior to delivery. The Demo Service will transition seamlessly into the 3-month All Access Trial Subscription, which will automatically start after a sold record is received.

https://www.siriusxmdealer.com/dealer-resources/volkswagen

Ah my bad that's very interesting. Thanks for posting as it seems VW has a deal with xm which is what I said. It all comes down to the original deal xm has with car manufacturers. I have purchased used ones in the past that this is not the case. But that's cool that VW is doing this. I've never come across this in the past. And just always called xm and they said they can do a free trial anyways even if it's preowned but I just thoughts that was because I called not that it was a normal thing.

As for the 5 years yes my did lol it was suppose to be 4 but I actually just got off renewing my xm radio and confirmed as on my account online it says 5 years too so I didn't argue. She said it could of been of overlapping thing with my previous account or just got put in wrong. She said it happens all the time.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Nope. Only case with that is if the deal themselves is offering that but that is highly unlikely. As the xm deals have nothing to do with dealers. They are set up through manufacturers. So it starts once and then it's done.

I know they were doing it back in 2009. Of course that was a long time ago.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I know they were doing it back in 2009. Of course that was a long time ago.

Yeah I did it I bought a car back in 2007 that had xm and the dealer just said you can call and ask for a free trial and they may do it. So maybe it has always been that way. But I now xm won't turn down someone asking for a free trial caus they need all the business they can get. But hey learn something new everyday. I guess I was taking advantage of the 3 month trial but never new it was in writing

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Upon further examination, the "re-trial" is for CPO cars that pass through the dealer. But if you were to buy a VW used, either from a dealer or private party, and called Sirius, I'd be willing to bet that they'd turn the 3-month trial on for anyone. They want to sell subscriptions and getting you on a trial gets your info into their system so that they can hound you into subscribing permanently when the trial is up.

The trick is not to ever pay full price. They have a $45 for 5 months deal for the "Select" package that's always available if you ask for it (Select is just about everything other than Howard Stern & NFL), and right now they have a 6 months for $30 deal on that same package for expired radios. They also have a $99 for 12 months deal for the "everything" package. You have to ask for this stuff or they will try to stick you with the full rate, which is a major ripoff.