GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toronto

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Hey,

How many of us here are in Toronto / GTA ?

I see a lot of people from Ottawa but haven't seen many from Toronto. Would love to ask some guys in toronto with mk7s for some advice.

Literally bought my GTI 3 days ago.

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
You can ask those of us in Ottawa also... we are friendly and don't bite :)

I'm west end GTA (Halton area). Haven't had my GTI too long but lurking here quite a bit.

Haha well I was looking to ask about Springs. Not sure what to do. I looked into DG at first. Then VWR. Now Emmanuele Design.

I've never lowered a car before and have no idea what to do after reading mixed reviews about VWR ride comfort (ppl saying its bouncy).

I was wondering what springs you guys are using. And how they are in the winter. At first I was thinking about DG springs but I'd like to get a little lower then that. I'm sure I would regret getting DG after a few months when I want it to be lower.

Iceman_F1

Haha well I was looking to ask about Springs. Not sure what to do. I looked into DG at first. Then VWR. Now Emmanuele Design.

I've never lowered a car before and have no idea what to do after reading mixed reviews about VWR ride comfort (ppl saying its bouncy).

I was wondering what springs you guys are using. And how they are in the winter. At first I was thinking about DG springs but I'd like to get a little lower then that. I'm sure I would regret getting DG after a few months when I want it to be lower.

I guess it depends on location and how much the drop was. I don't plan to lower the GTI but I did lower my previous Mazda 3.

At the time I went with Eibach Pro Kits (~1.3" drop) and it was fine. With snow tires and no real huge storms winter wasn't that bad. Got tired of it and went back to stock.

Later I had a Mazdaspeed3. Slightly lower stock than a regular 3 was but higher than when I lowered my regular 3. Couple bad storms and I got stuck even at stock height. Though where I live I have 2 different streets before I get to a main/bus street so we are usually one of the last to get plowed.

If you mostly drive main streets that get plowed early and often, you shouldn't have many problems with a lower drop but I guess it's mostly what you're comfortable with for your area.

In my situation, if I WERE to lower it, I'd probably go with the DG as it would be lower but not so low that I'd have to be super worried. But that's just me.

TorontoDUBBER

Ready to race!
Toronto area west.... :popcorn:

GTI_guy2

Passed Driver's Ed
Brampton here! Soon to be Orangeville. ��

ashiun

Ready to race!
Club Wolfsburg reppin

North York/Markham homie here

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Adam

Live in Bowmanville, work in Brampton.

Lowered + winter = less fun.

Best winter suspension setup is my shine racing springs and cupra shock mounts on my mark 4 with a steel oil pan and skid plate. She sits a full inch taller than stock up front, and corners quite well. Bad news is that I am pretty sure that Shine Racing stopped producing consumer stuff a couple of years ago.

I wouldn't lower my only car, if winter is a consideration.

kri$han1

Passed Driver's Ed
B-town checking in here, as well - commutes daily across the GTA on the 407 and 401 - white 2017 GTi PP 6-speed

Yesterday we traded in our 2010 GTi for this 2017 model from Georgetown VW, and I logged into golfmk6.com for the last time LOL

This is my first new car in 17 years, and my wife's first new car ever :cool: