GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Time Lapse Construction of a Building I designed

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Cool little video that the construction manger put together for a building that I helped design. The orange looking cladding is actually a terracotta rainscreen system.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
bleh. Had some nice photos.. but i better ask permisison to post them first. could get in shit from our marketing department.

Last edited:

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
So much snow. I hate cold weather. Cool building Bro.

Those 2 winters were actually very mild with very little snow. Second winter seemed to be over by mid january. This year it feels like winter ended about 3 weeks ago.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I love how the cherrypickers seem to be electric hands putting up the outer layers. Very cool stuff, I wish I had learned architecture.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Very cool to see something you've been apart of coming to life. Thanks for sharing!

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Nice

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
It is a good profession and rewarding at times. But there are definitely easier ways to make money, and I work a ton...
the way i try to describe architecture to people and why it takes so long, imo, to become a good architect is this.
A surgeon goes to school for a long time and will most likely specialize in something. they may do heart surgery. They if they are worked hard they may do 4 - 6 surgeries a week at most.. so that is like say conservatively 100 a year. They get good at it and see all kinds of different things. Their task is complete in a day.
Architects work on projects, if they are major are usually at least 2 years from intial concept to construction completion. this project for example was +/- 3 years. So really in a career that spans 30 years.. you may do 10-30 major projects. Not a lot of repetition, less repetition in an entire career than say the surgeon would have in one year.
Construction is the slowest industry to change, some trades have not really advanced much in say 100s or even thousands of years. Where the surgeon has crazy proceedures and scopes in order to improve their craft. We have guys on site named jimmy, biff, and tony, who execute our designs. buildings are also extremely expensive, so clients aren't always up to taking a risk on a new idea or concept. To get a building like this one constructed it took a very forward thinking client, a good design team, and an excellent construction manager.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
haha you can always move to Dubai if you want forward thinking clients :laugh:

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
i have had a few offers to move over there, more so a few years ago then lately. I have a friend that worked there for a few years. Makes sense if you're single and just want to go for a few years and make some good money, not good for my situation right now though.