GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinkware 770 install

B95zP

Ready to race!
Thinkware 770 dashcam, had solid reviews so I thought WTF why not.

Add a circuit things for power.

Haven't had time to run the rear cam yet, but the plan is to mount it on the top of the hatch opening. Doing so alleviates the need to mess with the connections from the car to the hatch. From what I've read they are pricey and easy to ruin, leading to leaking hatches.

Happily there's enough room to tuck the wire up in the roof w/o much hassle. Ran it down along the inside of the A pillar by the window. Didn't have the right trim tools to tuck this in by the dash, need slightly slimmer ones. Also wanted to wait until a warmer day so the material is more compliant. The wire is tucks behind the dash seam down into the fuse are so it's not visible going behind the side panel.

Tesa tape all the things. Seriously I love this stuff. In this case it's the wires for the cam, and whatever those black, plastic housings are.

Zip-tied in place, with Tesa tape on the bracket as the edge was a little rough. I originally zip-tied it to the middle hole(can see the yellow ACC wire) in the bracket(?), but the change drawer wouldn't shut. So down to the lower one it was moved. Note the ground wire on the lower middle left.

Hardwired in. Parking mode is set to motion detection atm. IIRC correctly the yellow ACC wire is routed to the blue fuse. The red BATT wire is routed to the yellow fuse, and it's moved up one slot. You can just see the ground wire on the lower left.

Last edited:

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
Nice dash cam! I'm currently using the F750 and the image quality is great. I had mine hard wired as well, but it occasionally tells me "System shutting down due to low battery" even with the lowest sensitivity settings. Maybe because I park on busy streets so that the motion sensor is constantly picking up movement. I will eventually add a battery pack to help prolong my car's battery life. Let us know what you like and don't about the camera. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgessler2011

Ready to race!
OP have you any battery drain issues with parking mode?
I am about to pull the trigger on a similar setup. I am reading endless contradicting reviews of using a battery discharge prevention device such as Pittasoft Blackvue Power Magic.
Thanks in advance.