GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Unofficial New England Introduce yourself Thread!

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Greetings all! My first car was a 1986 Sirocco 16v. Been driving a mix of Honda, Audi and Acura since then. Returning to my roots with this birthday present to myself this year. 2017 Golf R 6mt. I like to think of the color as Tardis Blue. That's my previous ride - 2004 Acura TL 6mt - in the background. Given me 230K glorious miles so far. Though the R has just a few more horses, am I loving what I can do with this new thinner trimmer me :p.

Added winter wheels/tires since this photo (17x7.5 Sport Tuning T2 with Michelin X-Ice Xi3). Looking to get a clear bra and maybe tint - any recs for the MetroWest/Worcester area?

Welcome to the party ! And I'm right outside of Worcester as well ! Got my full front done by autonuvo in holliston ma ! Expel ultimate which is the best you can buy. They did an amazing job and great price. And for tint, tint king in Billerica they do amazing stuff

I got 35 percent ceramic all around feel free to ping me and I can give you the prices I paid for both

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
Greetings all! My first car was a 1986 Sirocco 16v. Been driving a mix of Honda, Audi and Acura since then. Returning to my roots with this birthday present to myself this year. 2017 Golf R 6mt. I like to think of the color as Tardis Blue. That's my previous ride - 2004 Acura TL 6mt - in the background. Given me 230K glorious miles so far. Though the R has just a few more horses, am I loving what I can do with this new thinner trimmer me :p.

Added winter wheels/tires since this photo (17x7.5 Sport Tuning T2 with Michelin X-Ice Xi3). Looking to get a clear bra and maybe tint - any recs for the MetroWest/Worcester area?

My previous car was an Acura TL as well. Over 10 years and it's still a great car. GTI is my first new car, it's so fun to drive that I look forward to drive it each day. Very good on gas and super practical. For tint shop, I recommend Tint Works in Burlington. Randy the owner is very skillful at doing the the little triangle glass in front of the front doors. Opt for Llumar ceramic and you will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timsvr

Passed Driver's Ed

Let me know if you sell those pretoria wheels lol

Misslauren82

Ready to race!

I'm near Worcester but have always used Tint King in Billerica or Solar Solutions in Bedford for tint. The trek was worth it - both were equally great experiences.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!

I drive almost 2.5 hours to Shrewsbury, MA for my clear bra installs by Dave at Protection Plus. He did my R most recently back in July right after I bought it. That makes 4 cars he's done for me. I saw his work on several BMW's at a car show in 2004 and have used him ever since.

BostonChase

Thanks for all the recommendations! Ended up using Tint King for both tint and front film. Turns out they are about 1 mile from my work - I must pass by them at least once a week getting lunch from Turnpike Market (toasted italian grindah -mmmmmmm). They did a great job and are really focused on service and quality. I'll post pics as soon as it stops snowing and warms up - so probably in March :p

kgmm/sss

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone!

I am a bit belated in joining as I got my mk7 GTi a 2016 SE with lighting this past May. I am a hardware engineer that designs signal chains for radio telescopes but my first true passion has always been cars.

Got a good deal and met some very nice people at Minuteman Volkswagen while picking out and taking delivery of my GTI

Other than new tires the plan is to keep the GTI stock (ok maybe JB4) and focus on resurrecting my 924S that I've had since 8th grade

Raegar

Ready to race!
Hey guys! I've had my 2017 White (surprise!) GTI Sport for about a month now and still yet to take a worthy picture to show here, but I'm thrilled with it's performance so far. It's my first NEW car (came from a 09 Mazda3) so BIG jump!

So far I've only changed OBDeleven things and I've got LED reverse and license plate lights en-route, and thinking about a couple of things: VWR springs - just can't quite justify the quotes I'm getting from dealer installs, ridiculous! And summer tires - made such a huge difference even on a teensy Mazda3. And lastly, while a Unitronic ECU tune is definitely on the list, finances are not quite there yet, so...small steps I suppose :D

Happy to be on board!

RubiksQu

Ready to race!

^^Welcome and hey that sounds like my car! White with LEDs, VWR springs, Unitronic Stage1+ and some more.

Qwerty978

Ready to race!
^^ Looking good Qu

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
^^Thanks mang! Where have you been?! Haven't seen you ever since the meet. You didn't go to any car show last year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NH_MKVII

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, everyone. I'm new to VW and just bought a 2017 GTI Sport in February. White, so not very unique around here from what I understand! I'm doing what I can to make it my own, though. I'm around the Seacoast in NH. Looking to meet up with fellow members this summer once I'm able to drive again. I just had ACL surgery, and the car's a 6MT! Ugh.
I've done some APR mods and improved the shift feel. Debating whether to go Stage 1. I definitely want a black vinyl roof next.

-Chris

Attachments

• 20170218_100117a.jpg
    20170218_100117a.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 652
  • 20170316_171247.jpg
    20170316_171247.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 750

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
Hello, everyone. I'm new to VW and just bought a 2017 GTI Sport in February. White, so not very unique around here from what I understand! I'm doing what I can to make it my own, though. I'm around the Seacoast in NH. Looking to meet up with fellow members this summer once I'm able to drive again. I just had ACL surgery, and the car's a 6MT! Ugh.

I've done some APR mods and improved the shift feel. Debating whether to go Stage 1. I definitely want a black vinyl roof next.

-Chris

Welcome! You should get your roof wrapped black. Clubsport style:)

skr9

Hello fellow New England folk. Boston here - and new 2017 Golf R owner - and constantly looking for excuses to go for a ride! Looking forward to learning more about this fun car, and possible mods to make along the way. Here is my Limestone Grey beauty....

Attachments

• R1.jpg
    R1.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 631

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Hello fellow New England folk. Boston here - and new 2017 Golf R owner - and constantly looking for excuses to go for a ride! Looking forward to learning more about this fun car, and possible mods to make along the way. Here is my Limestone Grey beauty....

Welcome ! I'm right outside of Boston. There's a decent amount of us Boston Rs about 4-5? At least on the forums

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP