GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Not true, inventory is dwindling, VW lifted sales quotas, no new cars coming and 0%

A quick cars.com search shows "over 2 thousand" combined new 2019/2020 GTIs available nationwide, 779 of which are 2019 models. What's your definition of "dwindling"? That sounds like a massive glut to me, especially in the current economic environment.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
Vdub sells 20K GTI's every year, that is less than a 30 day supply, nice try though....

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
A quick cars.com search shows "over 2 thousand" combined new 2019/2020 GTIs available nationwide, 779 of which are 2019 models. What's your definition of "dwindling"? That sounds like a massive glut to me, especially in the current economic environment.

Many dealers dont post their inventory to cars.com and the actual inventory might be higher. Sales people like to create demand and its not a wonder that SD thinks GTI inventory is running out when people are reporting $8 - 9k off sticker in this thread. Yes those great dealers are location specific but not impossible to get.

Vdub sells 20K GTI's every year, that is less than a 30 day supply, nice try though....

VW officially sold 11,672 GTIs last year and thats way lower than what you are quoting. Its a joke if you think the numbers posted by Kevin reflects a 30 days inventory in the current market where people are hardly stepping out of their house. Also people are not going to flock to dealership buying cars as soon as the restrictions are removed.

ChicagoGolfer

I don't have a dog in the fight but I'll add this to the discussion. I posted on the prior page regarding the '19 GTI SE I just picked up two weeks ago but I'll add that was the first GTI they sold in almost 60 days. The day I purchased the dealer still had 7 or 8 '19 GTI's in stock and all were listed $6-8K off sticker, depending on model. They have only sold one since. This was at a dealer in the Chicago area with the most remaining '19 inventory and offered the lowest "published" rates of any dealer within 200 miles.

The fact is that very few people are buying cars at this time with unemployment rising and a tremendous amount of uncertainty in the air.

Baseballpler

God's Gift
Car(s)
Tiguan SEL R-Line
Anyone made a purchase lately in Portland,Or? Looking to trade out my Tiguan for a leftover 2019 se. I'm shooting for 28k OTD

B4v_tdi

Car(s)
SportWagen
Traded in a 2015 GTI S DSG for a Great Falls Green 2019 Alltrack SE w/ Driver Assist + Appearance packages and a manual transmission. I wanted brown but settled for black interior, since I can just source the brown SEL seats later :)

MSRP: 34,5xx
Negotiated price with 0% interest 72 months and no payments for 6 months: 25,5XX
Was 25,5XX after tax, tag, fees, or before? And would you be willing to share the dealership or approximate location you were able to score this deal? I’d like to negotiate a similar deal and details would be helpful. Thanks!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Anyone made a purchase lately in Portland,Or? Looking to trade out my Tiguan for a leftover 2019 se. I'm shooting for 28k OTD

GSW or GTI? Manual or Automatic?

Also a target price before TTL would be more relevant as different places have different tax structures and fee. Most people here would not have your local information.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
Let me help you out, I am looking at the Vdub internal numbers, no we are not going to sell 20K this year, however, during the dominant years of the MK7 it sold at 20k a year, it dropped last year and is down again this year, predictable as the model is ending its cycle. If you want to argue that your car is a POS and sells poorly and has poor resale, that is your prerogative.

That said, our store is doing quite well and we are in fact at a 30 day supply of GTI's. We don't rely on cars.com, I guarantee that is wrong, and its just funny you would think that is any kind of an accurate source for info. I can tell you just in the last month I have heard a handful of times guys telling me how there were hundreds of Golf R's available on autotrader or cars.com, to which I replied, why are you calling me......

I am on pace with the top salesguy at my store and I have been there for 5 weeks, I don't need any help from the forum, if I were not already on this forum because I am a GTI owner, I would not have joined and I have not joined any other Vdub forums and don't plan to. You can look, I have been on this forum for several years.

I am not counting on anyone from the forum to buy anything from me, its not that I don't care, I would help if asked, but I don't care, what I share is my own opinion, not that of the store. If someone locally contacted me, I would treat them as I would ANY of my customers, and I would be on the receiving end of 100 csi, as I ALWAYS have in ALL of my business endeavors..... I have an excellent reputation. NO ONE on this site has purchased ANYTHING from me and any comments that "I wouldn't buy from you" Or "bad attitude" etc... is petty, its a personal attack, unwarranted and completely unsubstantiated.

There are only a handful of you making comments, same people saying same stuff, you are not the only ones on this site, there are others who understand that they don't have to click on threads, are not forced to read anything. If you go back the past couple of weeks, the threads I am engaged in have been popular and positive. If you don't like it, don't click or mute me... simple stuff

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

Baseballpler

God's Gift
Car(s)
Tiguan SEL R-Line
GSW or GTI? Manual or Automatic?

Also a target price before TTL would be more relevant as different places have different tax structures and fee. Most people here would not have your local information.

Gti. SE with experience, DSG. No sales tax in Oregon. They're all offered at 6500 off the top right now but I know there is more meat on the bone. Problem is I have a trade. So I'll be working backwards regardless, but I'd like to get a price first and then go from there. I may sell my Tiguan private party.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Gti. SE with experience, DSG. No sales tax in Oregon. They're all offered at 6500 off the top right now but I know there is more meat on the bone. Problem is I have a trade. So I'll be working backwards regardless, but I'd like to get a price first and then go from there. I may sell my Tiguan private party.

So you are looking at a vehicle with MSRP of $35k. Your target is definitely achievable assuming a $500 misc fee in the transaction and zero sales tax.

People have reported better deals from different parts of the country in earlier pages and you can consider that as a baseline while contacting dealers.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Which dealer in MD shipped? Looking at some Rs in Maryland and need to get it to chicago.

A friend of mine bought a Tiguan from my dealer in DC area and got it shipped to MI.

Send me a PM if you need my sales guys contact, i bought both my GTI from him and he is a great guy.