GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Beer Thread

P

plac

damn this thread... i was at the store and picked up a sixer of the New Belgium Fat Tire. It has such a strange spice flavor to it. So succulent, so bitter, so smooth, so tasty.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Some of my more common favorites are McSorley's Irish Pale Ale, Newcastle, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Yuengling and Yards Brawler. Other beers I really enjoy (but can't get locally) are Sam Adams Brick Red (only available at the Boston Brewery and surrounding bars), BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse Nutty Brewnette, Karl Strauss Brewing Company Red Trolley Ale and Aviator Brewing Company Hot Rod Red.

Scumby

Passed Driver's Ed
Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale - nonpasteurized - can't get it past Colorado & maybe Chicago now. If it will never make its way to South Florida, I will continue flying Virgin to S.F. just for a taste. Nothing touches D.B.A.!!!

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I believe you are refering to their Red Brick Ale in which they do not export outside of Boston. I had this amazing beer at the the http://intermissiontavern.com/directions.html The burgers were amazing, and I always tell all my well travelled friends to hit up this place! It's close to the Ritz & the movie theater by the Commons.

Yes that is it. I always get the name confused every time haha.

Scumby

Passed Driver's Ed
Since we can't get Firestone Walker or Fat Tire in Florida, here are some other fantastic American substitutes:

Lagunitas: Pale Ale, IPA, Lil Something, WTF
Rogue: Morimoto Hazelnut & John John Hazelnut, Dead Guy of course
Stone: Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, Oaked Bastard, IPA, Pale Ale
Blue Point: Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada: Celebration, Torpedo, Pale Ale
Bells: Two Hearted Ale
Widmer Brothers: Pale Ale
Tequesta Brewing Co.: Gnarly Barley
Florida Brewing Co.: SWAMP APE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10% alcohol, so too much will turn you into a swamp ape :)

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Since we can't get Firestone Walker or Fat Tire in Florida, here are some other fantastic American substitutes:

Lagunitas: Pale Ale, IPA, Lil Something, WTF
Rogue: Morimoto Hazelnut & John John Hazelnut, Dead Guy of course
Stone: Arrogant Bastard, Double Bastard, Oaked Bastard, IPA, Pale Ale
Blue Point: Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada: Celebration, Torpedo, Pale Ale
Bells: Two Hearted Ale
Widmer Brothers: Pale Ale
Tequesta Brewing Co.: Gnarly Barley
Florida Brewing Co.: SWAMP APE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10% alcohol, so too much will turn you into a swamp ape :)

Swamp Ape? Never heard of that...gonna have to ask around.:lol:

Scumby

Passed Driver's Ed
Have 3-4 newcastles and or IPAs say Lagunitas, and get the beer shits and hangovers. Sorry as much as i prefer those beers, they are just not worth it.

I'm the same way, but it is totaly worth it. Hops make me sneeze like crazy, too. I won't touch Bud, Coors, or Miller. Why bother? :thumbdown:

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
I'm the same way, but it is totaly worth it. Hops make me sneeze like crazy, too. I won't touch Bud, Coors, or Miller. Why bother? :thumbdown:

Because bud, coors, and miller cut their hops use by using rice (not 100% substitution). So you won't sneeze as much!

Scumby

Passed Driver's Ed

I haven't tried this, but with a name like that, it has to be good!

Scumby

Passed Driver's Ed
^^^ Seen it at Total Wine. I'll definitely give it a try. Cali beers are by far the best IMO, and I've been all over the world several times. Also been looking out for Hopslam by Bells. Very hard to find down here.