GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

steemax

Go Kart Champion
So I'm purchasing a new car within the next two weeks and have been trying to get into an R which has proven near impossible without paying a $5000 mark up (no one wants to come down).. at this point I'm thinking WRX! Your videos have pretty much sold me on the car.

I just had a question. I plan to do an intake, a J-pipe and Bren e-tune. Do you think its better to always install the intake and j-pipe first then have the guys at Bren tuning do their magic or it really doesn't matter. I'm just wondering since I'm seeing people post about how picky these engines are with modifications. One small change can throw off the tune.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
So I'm purchasing a new car within the next two weeks and have been trying to get into an R which has proven near impossible without paying a $5000 mark up (no one wants to come down).. at this point I'm thinking WRX! Your videos have pretty much sold me on the car.

I just had a question. I plan to do an intake, a J-pipe and Bren e-tune. Do you think its better to always install the intake and j-pipe first then have the guys at Bren tuning do their magic or it really doesn't matter. I'm just wondering since I'm seeing people post about how picky these engines are with modifications. One small change can throw off the tune.

you have to have all your mods done before you tune. which is the whole headache of subarus. and you technically shouldnt even drive it with the mods while a tune is not installed yet.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
you have to have all your mods done before you tune. which is the whole headache of subarus. and you technically shouldnt even drive it with the mods while a tune is not installed yet.

Damn, perhaps the best way to go about it is buy the E-Tune, have them get a base file ready then once I have it in my hands I'll install the intake and Pipe in my garage and flash it all at once. Then go through the whole logging process.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Damn, perhaps the best way to go about it is buy the E-Tune, have them get a base file ready then once I have it in my hands I'll install the intake and Pipe in my garage and flash it all at once. Then go through the whole logging process.

yes. you first get a base file in your hand. (which will be pretty inaccurate and not safe) at least to get started.

then you install the mods. but time it carefully.. cuz some etuners only give you 30 days work and then your out of luck. i was logging every single night for like 3 months across my 3 tuners.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Stage 2 as quiet as stock pretty much.

Grimmspeed Catted J-Pipe to oem STI midipipe to oem WRX mufflers.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Grimmspeed Catted J-Pipe with STOCK midpipe and exhaust

Just as raspy as my last pipe. I think the STI midpipe with resonator is the way to go. Will prob add STI mufflers eventually.