GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Test Drove the MK7 GTI today (Pictures Inside)

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
cant wait for these to arrive

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Great pictures!

The car looks great, the MK7 looks great!
Any MK6 owner (and I have a MK6) who says that they don't like the '7 has to be in serious denial.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I drove one today very slowly, like up to 90km because it was not a test-drive car but a brand new car that will be displayed in the showroom, what you said is sooo right, the cabin isolation is so huge compared to mk5/6.....that's a one great improvement that I "didn't" like

I want to hear the exhaust!!

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I actually don't mind the quieter cabin :D but what was your impression on the car and how it drives?

gtiw7

Ready to race!
very smooth and refined ride, the progressive steering is so great, I kindaa liked the electronic e-brake, the auto-hold is so smooth you won't feel anything wrong about it (unlike my sister's Passat which "sometimes" lock the brakes before you actually come to a full stop, and you can feel the engagement & disengagement of the e-brake, weird!) but in the GTI it is sooooo great I really appreciate it

gtiw7

Ready to race!
ohh and the A/C is a huge improvement compared to the old Golfs, the noise it make, fan-power, the cooling all are much better, there is a new button (Max A/C) it is so functional :D

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Glad you're enjoying it, I convinced the dealer to hand over mine before the launch. Inshallah getting it by end of this week or start of next week. Woohoo

fluidd

Passed Driver's Ed
Very nice pictures.. I'm going to get this exact combo when it comes to north america..

But, I will opt in for Santiago wheels + PP

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Very nice pictures.. I'm going to get this exact combo when it comes to north america..

But, I will opt in for Santiago wheels + PP

How can it be EXACT when you're talking different options?

Surely the North American specs need to be confirmed first? :rolleyes:

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
At this point we in North America have no idea what VWoA has in store for us.
Here is hoping we get more color choices. Word is that we will get the 1.8T EA888.3 engine as our base motor. Also hoping that we can get the DSG 6 speed but may get the 6 speed conv. transmission.
I may spring for the GTI with DSG in a two door and CSG paint work. Also believe that the North American cars will be assembled in Mexico. My present Golf was assembled in WOB. Wish us luck.