GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Swapping gti PP for R

Navi

Autocross Champion
It's actually under $31k....

ah you're right, not sure how I got that number before. But either way, still a lot for a GTI. I would never pay over 26k for a new GTI. and for the 4k difference, def get the Golf R.

GTI_JAV

No I'd look to buy it outright.. My partner doesn't like the white colour of the golf R (this is the only one available) she likes the pearl black and styling in the GTI I picked up, I have to admit it looks way better styled than the R However black scratches and swirls so easily!

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
The price diff new was $10k for my SE PP LP DCC 6MT vs a Golf R.

Not worth it at all here in Texas.

If I didn’t care about the sunroof and only a $4.5k diff, I’d take the R.

BTW, you should be able to do better on the GTI if you’re willing to travel.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
No I'd look to buy it outright.. My partner doesn't like the white colour of the golf R (this is the only one available) she likes the pearl black and styling in the GTI I picked up, I have to admit it looks way better styled than the R However black scratches and swirls so easily!

These cars look the same to the rest of the world (if you care about what others think about your car like your partner) so appearance should not be the deciding factor. The GTI is a good package if FWD doesn't bother you. Once you go AWD, you will know what you're missing out on. I'd go Golf-R if you still can.

GTI_JAV

Unfortunately its been sold!
No bother I do like my gti pp could benifit from a remap and some decent tyres! There's always next year :)

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Lighter wheels, good tires plus a rsb upgrade will definitely make a gti much more fun. Jb4/stg1 tune will make it more alive, but I've always loved how the gti handles getting thrown around.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Lighter wheels, good tires plus a rsb upgrade will definitely make a gti much more fun. Jb4/stg1 tune will make it more alive, but I've always loved how the gti handles getting thrown around.

This. Get a rear sway, decent tires, a tune of some kind, and add some negative camber up front. You've just created a slightly softer Club Sport.

GTI_JAV

Done it lads swapped my black golf gti dsg for a pearl white Golf R Dsg.

All I can say is the drive and sound is astounding. So planted and meaty. The Gti felt more zippy and nimble but the R is an absolute beast, not laboured and can be driven at sensible speeds thanks to the 7th gear.
What an utterly brilliant car!

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Congrats. Definitely an upgrade. Enjoy!