GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Superchips Remap

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Off the topic a bit anyone get slight noise from rear suspension like a thud or knocking noise when going over rough roads pot holes speed bumps etc. Tried all the usual stuff like removing parcel shelf rear boot shelf and other items to rule them out. After reading other's say it's a issue with rear shocks and common problem on mk7. I can live with it but any advice would be helpful before maybe booking it in for inspection.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does it on occasions. TBH, never caused any issues, so I have simply accepted it.

Simply enjoy the trade up from the mk 6.:D

Rappy:cool:

ROBK75

Ready to race!
The pedalbox makes a huge difference to the way the car drives, after a remap it's the best mod you can get, and quite cheap too.

I'm still amazed at how crap the standard throttle response is when I turn the pedalbox off, the car feels so lethargic (even in Sport Mode).

If you get one you won't be disappointed.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Which pedal box do you recommend, DTUK?

I have heard great reviews about the DTUK pedal boxes & if my car was a track car, I would of purchased 1 yesterday:D.

Not sure for everyday driving I would have one fitted. Agreed the throttle response with a pedal box is razor sharp. But when your car is remapped, you are removing all the hard work that the tuner has done to ensure the power delivery is smooth for day to day driving.

Maybe, if I was to actually drive one with a pedal box I would be a convert.

Just an idea, contact Superchips & ask for the input. Pedal box with the Superchip remap.

chrismc

Passed Driver's Ed
Which pedal box do you recommend, DTUK?

Seems to get good reviews for the GTD. I think the trick is to leave it on a mild setting rather than it being on a hair-trigger so to speak.

On the road the delivery needs to be responsive but linear.

IMO on a track the benefits are much less obvious given part-throttle is very rarely used (if you are driving the car hard!)

I suspect remapped cars give 'better' throttle response- it all depends on how they are mapped though.

There are folks running maps with a pedal box with no adverse reports...

bb36571

I have heard great reviews about the DTUK pedal boxes & if my car was a track car, I would of purchased 1 yesterday:D.

Not sure for everyday driving I would have one fitted. Agreed the throttle response with a pedal box is razor sharp. But when your car is remapped, you are removing all the hard work that the tuner has done to ensure the power delivery is smooth for day to day driving.

Maybe, if I was to actually drive one with a pedal box I would be a convert.

Just an idea, contact Superchips & ask for the input. Pedal box with the Superchip remap.

Thanks for your advice, must admit throttle response in Normal mode not great but switch to Sport and its a wild animal and more than enough responsive.

chrismc

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes Sport is better- however I still get that woolly bit just after the initial take-up. After that it feels like the power comes in more aggressively than normal mode.

As the throttle pedal is fly-by-wire, pushing it sets up a 'demand' signal within the ECU. The output is then given dependant on a load of other variables that the ECU sees.

If you were to draw a graph of Throttle position vs requested demand, from feel alone, the ECO, NORMAL & SPORT modes are all different.

I believe the pedal box just amplifies these graphs so the dead-zone would occur earlier in the pedal travel (hopefully to the point of being hard to detect)

golfhappy

Ready to race!
Think that was exactly what it does, mirrors the graphs in each mode. If you are in sport mode in the car an put the pedal box in sport+ +3 the throttle response is a bit like a labrador been stuck in for a pee, when you open the door its out in a flash!