GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Super excited about the FR-S

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
This car is basically a fixed-roof Miata with 2 small seats in the back. If this doesn't sound appealing to you, then this car isn't for you.

The BRZ is is 9.4" longer, with almost all of that in it's 12" longer wheelbase. That much longer of a wheelbase will make it handle quite a bit different than a Miata.

Also, of note, the GTI has just .3" more wheelbase as the BRZ.

Slowpoke

The BRZ is is 9.4" longer, with almost all of that in it's 12" longer wheelbase. That much longer of a wheelbase will make it handle quite a bit different than a Miata.

Fair enough. Just pointing out that the BRZ is closer in spirit to the Miata than some of the other cars that have been mentioned in this thread ("why don't you just get a ... instead").

The graphic was included mainly because it's related and interesting, and not as a way to prove my point. Obviously size isn't everything; the GTI is very close in both length and wheelbase as you and others have pointed out, but is a completely different animal.

I was surprised at how small the BRZ is. Sure, it's 10 inches longer than a Miata, but it also has 2 more seats.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Fair enough. Just pointing out that the BRZ is closer in spirit to the Miata than some of the other cars that have been mentioned in this thread ("why don't you just get a ... instead").

Yeah, I completely agree with that. :thumbsup: